“Will Recommend This Beautiful Place to Everyone I Know”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
Garden Cottage B & B
Ranked #4 of 94 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 29, 2007

I can't say enough about my stay at the Garden Cottage B&B. The room was beautiful, clean and very welcoming. The neighborhood was lovely and right in the middle of the action of West Hollywood, Beverly Hills and Restaurant Row. The most compelling reason to stay at the Garden Cottage, however, is the hospitality.

Ahuva and Bob are such warm, wonderful hosts. They make you feel like part of the family. I only wish that I had nice relatives living in such a hip neighborhood!

Ahuva makes wonderful breakfasts and brings you such an abundance of food - I can't remember ever eating such a scrumptious and large breakfast before.

I will continue to recommend the Garden Cottage to everyone I know. I'm only hoping that it won't be impossible to get a room here the next time I'm in LA.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo

Reviewed June 23, 2007

Our stay at the Garden Cottage Inn couldn't have been better! We stayed in the cottage and loved every minute of it! The hospitality of the Inn keepers was warm, welcoming, but not too intrusive. The breakfast was unbelievably high quality, and carefully prepared and presented. The cottage is private, very clean, and comfortable. It was nice to have access to a full kitchen. Affordable and tasty restaurants are within walking distance, as is the Grove and other places to shop. I have nothing but good things to say about my experience at the Garden Cottage Inn.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank gemini68
Reviewed June 3, 2007

Bob and Ahuva have a great secret…the Garden Cottage B&B!!! This is the perfect oasis tucked away in a beautiful neighborhood right in the middle of all the action of Los Angeles, extremely convenient to Melrose, Beverly Center and Hollywood/WeHo. They have created a sanctuary for travelers who don’t want to stay in an impersonal hotel chain or some expensive stuffy over-rated Beverly Hills hotel. The rooms are extremely comfortable; the bed was heaven, the garden overflowed with flowers and charm while the fountains lulled us to sleep each night. Did I mention the breakfasts?? The breakfasts were completely out of this world and totally unexpected. Ahuva (and or Bob?) is a fabulous cook; the ingredients are organic, fresh, delicious and ample. Upon our very late arrival (almost 1am), we were greeted by the smiling and friendly face of Bob and shown to our quarters where bottled water, sparkling water and snacks awaited us. Each morning we were greeted by the lovely Ahuva with our delicious breakfasts and her smiling face. Both Ahuva and Bob were extremely helpful and friendly but also respected our privacy, the perfect hosts. It simply does not get any better than this place! I have stayed at dozens of Bed and Breakfasts throughout the United States and Europe and I can honestly say this is my favorite of them all. It may not be a mansion nor is it adorned with priceless art and antiques but the rooms are beautifully appointed, comfortable, very pleasant and spacious. I dare you to find more hospitable hosts, better breakfasts or more comfortable digs than the Garden Cottage!!! Try it, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Didi R
Reviewed April 21, 2007

We have just returned from a wonderful week in Los Angeles which was due in large part to our stay at the Garden Cottage. Hosts Ahuva and Bob were welcoming, generous and so helpful during our stay. The cottage is tucked into a private and lovely garden. The living room and bedroom were attractively and comfortably furnished and the beds and bed linens wonderfully fresh and luxurious. We used the kitchen several times to prepare dinners which was very well appointed. The bathroom was clean, roomy and had a wide range of shampoos, conditioners and body washes plus huge thick towels.
Breakfasts were big and delicious. On the first night, my husband (who had arrived a few days prior to me) was welcomed with a bottle of chilled wine plus snacks. On our last day we were given two huge muffins "for the road". So many thoughtful gestures, helpful information and a real interest in their guests left us with a feeling of being pampered and well looked after - a wonderful feeling when visiting such a large city. This welcoming treatment cannot be found even at a 5 star hotel. We highly recommend a stay at the Garden Cottage B&B.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank JaneyLondonOntario
Reviewed October 18, 2006

My family stayed at the Garden Cottage B&B in late September.
The cottage was spotless. It has a lovely sitting area with a couch, a chair and several magazines to look through. Cabinets containing board games, and several hard bound books were also available four our use.
There is a fully functional kitchen, including a small table that had snacks waiting for us when we arrived
The bathroom contained fluffly robes and towels, and was very clean.
There were antiques and paintings placed tastefully around the cottage, which added a nice, quaint air to the place.
The bedroom was big enough to place a pack and play crib in. The bed was very comfortable.
We had a delicious breakfast prepared for us each morning, which we ate on the outdoor patio. Our two year old daughter especially enjoyed the organic fruit salad and her cooked to order scrambled eggs and sausage.

The hosts, Bob and Ahuva, went out of their way to make our stay as pleasurable as possible. They gave us our alone time, but made sure that if we needed anything, we were taken care of.

It was such a pleasure to experience LA with the Garden Cottage as our home base. We look forward to visiting again soon.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank vacafam
Reviewed February 8, 2006

I stayed here during a brief work visit to LA. I'm a picky eater, and I can honestly say the breakfast was extremely good. The bed was comfortable - I had a very peaceful couple of nights' sleep. The hosts were gracious and friendly while giving me my privacy. I did not do any cooking, but the kitchen seemed very well-stocked - far better than what I've encountered in the past in similar places. I travel a lot for work, and rarely feel compelled to write an online review - this place warrants it.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
10  Thank ray60
Reviewed January 10, 2006

Subject: The Garden Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Title: An oasis in LA
ID#: 4335672

We just returned from a week at The Garden Cottage B&B in Los Angeles. What a delightful place! The innkeepers, Ahuva and Bob, went out their way to make
everything perfect during our stay. The room we stayed in was large and furnished with antiques. The accomodations were spotlessly clean. The linens,
especially the goose down comforter, were of top quality. For breakfast we were served whatever we wanted - from eggs, oatmeal, fresh fruit salad to delicious fresh squeezed orange juice and freshly ground coffee. The innkeepers were very helpful with suggestions about restaurants, sights to see and directions to get to all of them. At the end of our stay I felt like we we saying goodbye to dear
friends. We can't wait to return.

12  Thank LoveToTravel018