“Great Place”

Garden Cottage B & B
Ranked #4 of 94 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I just spent 4 nights at this B&B. Its location is hard to beat. We had to be close to Cedars Sinai Hospital and could walk there in 10-15 minutes. The prices we paid was similar to hotels quite a distance from the hospital. The price includes a hot full breakfast, internet and parking. What we got was quite amazing. We spent 3 nights in the cottage in the back of the main house. For $25 a night more you can have this 1-bedroom suite with a fully functional kitchen behind a gate. The living room has a day bed that we paid extra for another guest for those nights. The ambiance is unbelievable especially since you are 2 blocks from 3rd Street. There are water features, sculptures and plants everywhere in the backyard. You can't hear any traffic and it's like you are by a quiet stream. We spent the 4th night on the second floor of the main house due to a prior reservation. Ahuva and Bob were excellent hosts. They carried a delicious breakfast to you every morning. Ahuva especially loved to tell you the names of all of the exotic plants on her property. We would come back to Garden Cottage anytime in the future.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and stay in the cottage in the back.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DenverKC

Reviewed November 7, 2012

At the risk of not being able to book a stay here the next time we want to visit LA, my husband and I will add our accolades to the ever-expanding list. We stayed in the charming cottage for 3 nights, and what a wonderful experience it was! Spacious, clean, and comfy. Bob not only made us delicious breakfasts every day, but delivered them with a smile and kept us amused with his many entertaining stories. The garden area is lovely if you want to spend some time outside.

The location is great--close enough to our son and daughter-in-law's apartment, LACMA, The Grove, Farmer's Market, etc. but in a quiet residential area away from all the traffic and noise . We'll be back soon. I hope!

Room Tip: Try to book the cottage if you plan to stay for several days.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank elizajane47
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed here last summer, with our son. Indeed, no exaggeration in the other comments.
Excellent breakfast, very cozy and clean rooms, good location for our travel plans.
And the welcome by Bob and Ahuva is heartwarming. They were able to help us with all the information and requests we had.
This was the best place out of all the places we stayed at on our 3 week trip.
Wish there were more places like this.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank E D
Reviewed October 20, 2012

There's not much I can add to what others have already said: the location is perfect, the accommodations SO comfortable and restful and the hosts great.
I chose the location because I wanted to be able to walk to the LACMA. It was a perfect distance. Also walked along 3rd Street (great small shops and restaurants), to the Farmer's Market and The Grove shopping centre.
I wished I could have stayed longer...I was THAT comfortable.
Thank you, Bob & Ahuva. I hope I can come to stay again.

Susan

Room Tip: Separate cottage with it's own kitchen can very easily accommodation 2 + people. I was on my...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank CanadaSusan
Reviewed September 18, 2012

As others have documented in their reviews, it's understandable why this B&B rates so high in the LA area. It's situated in a very nice neighborhood, close to the Farmer's Market and the Grove, but just far enough off the main road to be very quiet. We stayed in the Terrace Room and really like the feature of having our own deck. The room was spotlessly maintained by people who take pride in what they do. However, the best part of our experience was getting to know Bob and Ahuva. They're two of the nicest people you'd every want to meet. If and when I go back to LA, I'll go out of my way to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Since, our son lives in LosAngeles , our daughter got us a 2 night stay at the Garden Cottage as a Christmas present. When our son and his wife had their first child in September, we used the gift to stay there the last 2 nights of our trip. It lives up to all the praise it has been given. The location is convenient to museums and the Farmers' Market . The rooms are spacious, the garden is serene and the breakfast is so tasty. Ahuva and Bob are gracious hosts. Our first night was spent in the garden cottage which was spacious and had a separate bedroom and good size kitchen where our breakfast was served. Since it was already booked for the second night, we switched to another room which also had very comfortable accommodations. Linens are especially luxurious. Ahuva and Bob made sure we had an early breakfast so we could get to the airport on time. This is definitely a destination to return to.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2012

After a 3-night stay at the Garden Cottage on our recent trip to LA, I can see why this place has the #1 spot of the B&B ratings in the city. My husband and I stayed in the Garden View room upstairs in the back of the house. The queen-size bed was heavenly, and the room was quiet except for the soothing sound of the fountains in the back garden.

I apprecciated the uncluttered decor, the large closet with plenty of room to put away suitcases, and the little touches like the fresh flowers around the house. The house was spotless, and I enjoyed sitting outside on the small terrace adjoining the dining room early in the morning. There is also a nice sitting room for use by the guests and a self-service kitchen where you can make coffee or tea.

The house is in a beautiful old neighborhood, within walking distance of the restaurants at the Farmers' Market and the shopping on 3rd street. The hosts and hostess, Bob and Ahuva, truly seem to enjoy their guests and take great care of them. The morning breakfasts are delicious, plentiful, and prepared fresh every day.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple