“Coast to Costa is What's Up!”
Review of Coast To Costa

Coast To Costa
Ranked #86 of 553 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed December 5, 2017

I visited Cuba with Coast to Costa in October 2017 as a solo female traveler. Coast to Costa provided an awesome experience pre trip, while on the road, and upon returning.

I had been following CTC's beautiful Instagram page for about a year before deciding to go on the trip. When I reached out via email to ask questions (mostly about traveling alone to Cuba), their response time was super quick and they were happy to answer all of my questions (AKA good vibes right from the start).

This great communication continued through the booking process with a personal phone call from one of the company's founders as well as open lines of communication via email. They also introduced me to one of the travelers who would be on my flight, the woman I would be rooming with (I chose a roommate option, so fun!), and provided brief introductions to the rest of the group. All of this prep, and the thoughtfulness of the CTC crew had me ready to go to Cuba feeling excited and worry free.

One of the best part about traveling in Cuba with Coast to Costa is their connection with locals in the country. This allows one to experience so much more than a typical tourist (think pig roast/regaeton dance party in the backyard of your new favorite Cuban family, or walking through someone's house to be suddenly on the gorgeous Bay of Pigs and be handed the best mojito of your life). My 8 days felt more like two weeks of experiences, in the very best way.

I made so many awesome friends, felt completely safe throughout my travels, rode a horse into a tobacco field and learned about cigars, saw so much beauty, and experienced a resilient culture of people. I'm still in touch with my fellow travelers and the Coast to Costa team and definitely plan to travel with them in the future. Do this trip. You wont regret it!

All reviews
"tours"
in 4 reviews
"sights"

Reviewed December 2, 2017

I usually like to plan my own travel, but for Cuba we decided that going with an experienced guide was the best option. Andrew and his team are fantastic --- so fun and knowledgeable --- we had the most incredible trip.

Cuba is different from what we are used to here in the US, in ways that you can't imagine...making it both wonderfully lovable and frustrating at times, but that is what made the experience. Having Andrew and his team (both from LA as well as the on-the-ground crew there) allowed us to experience Cuba in a way that we couldn't have had without them. Everyone in our motley crew of travelers was so lovely. I am so grateful to have been a part of this magical trip.

Reviewed November 17, 2017

I don't even know where to begin - this trip was AMAZING. I was hesitant to go to Cuba, but Andrew and his team eased my anxiety, both before going and once we got there, and boy am I glad they did because this was a life changing experience.

We truly explored the country spending time in old and new Havana, a tiny beach town on the Bay of Pigs, my favorite city - Trinidad, a short pit stop in Cienfuegos, and the picturesque town of Viñales. I love that I didn't have to do any research or plan any activities. This is something I've never done before and it is awesome. Each day we had multiple activities planned so that we could experience the culture. I don't think anything else could have been squeezed in. You definitely get your money's worth.

From exploring art in Havana, visiting a pottery studio that's been in the family for generations, overlooking the most lush landscapes, walking on cobblestone streets, learning about the history of towns, having a pig roast at someone's house, learning salsa from the locals, going to a club in a cave, riding horses on a tobacco farm, drinking rum and fresh squeezed sugar cane out of a sour orange, and coconuts with rum on the beach - it doesn't get any better than that.

I can't wait for my next trip with Coast to Costa. There will definitely be many more in my future.

Reviewed November 16, 2017

I am generally not a tour group person, but loved my tour with Andrew and his team. Their respectful, engaged approach to working with local businesses and guides was outstanding. We saw the classic sights and also off the beaten path gems. Highly recommend!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 15, 2017

Andrew and his team on the ground in Cuba did a fantastic job of taking us around Havana, Trinidad, and Viñales. They knew many great local spots around each town and had local guides to show us around. It was so great to always have someone around to ask questions about Cuba, to exchange money if needed, and also to recommend the best music to salsa to!

My favorite parts of the trip were randomly wandering around Havana and the horseback ride through the tobacco fields of Viñales.

If you want a smooth visit to Cuba with some great people, definitely check out Coast to Costa!