“Overpriced ice cream!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Hollywood
Los Angeles, California
“Overpriced ice cream!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

While I love the El Capitan theater, I dislike the ice cream shop. For me, there is nothing really special or Disney about it other than the outlandish prices. I took my four girls here and our bill was almost $60! And that was just for ice cream sundaes.

Visited July 2012

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sunday Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is the perfect place on the Walk of Fame to grab a simple hotdog and milk shake. Plus the staff was nice

Mid Florida, Florida
“Great Place for Kids and Adults!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Anytime we are in Hollywood, we go to the Soda Fountain. My family collects Disney pins, and you can get some here that are not available anywhere else in the world. Lunch options are slightly limited- grilled cheese, philly cheese steak, sandwiches, etc.- but this past time I noticed they had added a few more options like pizza. Prices seem average to me. My grilled cheese with fruit salad was about $8.50. Ice cream is a little pricier, but the reason we go. We get the Pin Trader's Delight Sundae- which is $11.95 for a two scoop sundae, but comes with a limited edition pin, so we ALWAYS get it! This past visit we had bad pin luck because they had just sold out of the previous month's pins and the new ones were being released the next day. You can check out the Disney's Soda Fountain and Studio Store page on facebook if you are interested in the pins and all of the info. is there, so you know what to expect . Also-- the staff was wonderful!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

we really liked this quick and easy place to eat, not a great choice of food. more of a snack ie soda or ice cream or a quick sandwich.
staff helpful

Portland, Oregon
“I would Think for disney they would sell better quality things.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I had recently reviewed this Store and had a positive experience so I went Again. However, I bought an Ariel Doll for $18.99 and thought I was getting a quality item for the outrageous price I was paying. I was incorrect. When we gave the item to our 4 year old daughter we seen that unlike regular barbie type Dolls, this one was imprinted on her back with a seriel number. In view acrossed her back so its not something a mermaid will have covered up. For the Price of the item you Would Think that they would leave any seriel numbers just on the box. I will NEVER purchased anything like that from the Disney Store Again. Thanks:).

• Visited October 2012