“Dinner and Shows”

The Magic Castle
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Just amazing you will never see as many good quality magic shows in one night. My tip would be to plan your evening carefully to fit as much in as you can you will never get around it all. The building is great and although dinner maybe not the finest of dinning it was still great and in the classic American portion sizes.

1  Thank PilotReviews

Reviewed August 12, 2013

It had been several years since I visited The Magic Castle in Hollywood. On my recent visit, I found the magicians to be excellent. Every show was well done and very professional. Overall, it was an enjoyable evening. The only issues I had were the over booking of shows, and the long wait to see each show. If you eat dinner at The Magic Castle, you receive a show ticket which guarantees a seat at a show. If you do not eat dinner, you must line up in the non ticket line and hope for a seat. At the earlier and more popular shows, you will most likely not be admitted. So, you could stand around for an hour or more and not see the show. By the end of the night, I was exhausted from waiting in lines and walking from one section of the building to another to search out a show that was not fully booked. There must be a better way to accommodate the large crowds.

2  Thank Nicholas C
Reviewed August 6, 2013

So magic really isn't my thing but the Magic Castle is pure entertainment. The food was very good but our waiter was what made the meal totally amazing. He was extraordinary and his service was the best I've ever had. The really cool thing that I enjoyed is after dinner, while waiting for the show to start, they have magicians roaming around doing tricks in the bars and sitting areas. The shows themselves are top notch but the one on one interaction before the show is what I enjoyed the most. You will need to be invited to the Magic Castle.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great place to visit, truly amazed at the mystery. Castle was clean and staff was friendly. Really enjoyed the magicians as well as the brunch! This is a must see attraction if the opportunity presents itself, please go!

2  Thank mskris04
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went there as a family group of 7 - youngest 12 years old - for Sunday brunch. The food was great with a good selection and something for everyone from snow crab claws, roast beef, prawns, salad, fried chicken, pasta, fresh made omelettes etc.

The castle is very Hollywood and over the top. The magicians were very good and when we visited they were showcasing young magicians which was great to see.

Parking is a bit irittating as it is valet only and slow. The queue was back out onto the road when we visited.

My tip is to arrive as soon as it opens and not for your booked dining time. There are shows to see (which all have demand beyond their capacity) and you can also walk around the castle.

1  Thank RooActon