“Out the ordinary experience!”
Review of The Magic Castle

Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Out the ordinary experience!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

So magic really isn't my thing but the Magic Castle is pure entertainment. The food was very good but our waiter was what made the meal totally amazing. He was extraordinary and his service was the best I've ever had. The really cool thing that I enjoyed is after dinner, while waiting for the show to start, they have magicians roaming around doing tricks in the bars and sitting areas. The shows themselves are top notch but the one on one interaction before the show is what I enjoyed the most. You will need to be invited to the Magic Castle.

Mississippi
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Must see”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great place to visit, truly amazed at the mystery. Castle was clean and staff was friendly. Really enjoyed the magicians as well as the brunch! This is a must see attraction if the opportunity presents itself, please go!

2 Thank mskris04
London, United Kingdom
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Quirky with Great Food”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went there as a family group of 7 - youngest 12 years old - for Sunday brunch. The food was great with a good selection and something for everyone from snow crab claws, roast beef, prawns, salad, fried chicken, pasta, fresh made omelettes etc.

The castle is very Hollywood and over the top. The magicians were very good and when we visited they were showcasing young magicians which was great to see.

Parking is a bit irittating as it is valet only and slow. The queue was back out onto the road when we visited.

My tip is to arrive as soon as it opens and not for your booked dining time. There are shows to see (which all have demand beyond their capacity) and you can also walk around the castle.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank RooActon
Laguna Beach, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Dated, but good entertainment”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife, nephew and I went to Saturday brunch. We were invited by a business associate of my wife. I thought the food was ok, but not exceptional. They did include free mimosas, which I had one of. The next step was to see entertaining magic in a series of three arenas. The first two were fairly large holding around 150 each. These venues were very entertaining and we enjoyed the magic along with hilarious comedy. These two shows easily made the trip worth it to me. The third show was in a tiny room, where you had to wait a long time in the area filled with artwork of famous magicians. I enjoyed looking at all the original pen and ink drawings which spaned many decades. The entertainer we had just seen minutes earlier had his portrait hanging from 30 years ago, along with his parrot and 2 of clubs trick. We had just seen the same trick, which was great! Wow, 30 years of the same trick parrot. Last show was a very young magician, who wasn't really ready for the big time. He was ok but muffed his last trick and basically just left.
Overall, I enjoyed the visit, the other guests were fun and the actual Castle was very interesting. Staff was professional and had good attitudes. I only gave four stars because the food was just average. Well worth it for me and I drove over an hour to get there.

Winnipeg Canada
175 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 343 helpful votes
“So so meal and Humdrum magic”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

. The staff in the dining room was great. The food was very pedestrian. It was stuck in a 1990 time wrap.
We saw John Carney in the Parlor of Prestidigitation. His magic tricks were very run of the mill. But I must say his last trick was excellent. In the Palace of Mystery we saw Greg Wilson perform. No new trick and the same linking rings trick were done again. As person who love magic and does magic tricks I was very disappointed.

Visited April 2013