“Great Evening”

El Segundo, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

The Magic Castle is a Los Angeles Institution. If you have the ability to visit, take advantage of it. The shows are very entertaining, whether they are in the show rooms or at the side tables located throughout the venue. I've been a couple of times and every time is a great visit. It has been over ten years since my last visit and I wasn't expecting to be thrilled about the dinner, but was pleasantly surprised that the food was good. One of my friends' pasta tasted "tinny", but the prime rib was great, as was the mac n cheese and truffle fries.

It is not a cheap evening with entry, dinner and drinks (you get one salon show with dinner, the others you have to queue up and wait to get stand-by seating for), so make sure, regardless of what time your dinner reservations are, that you arrive in time to see more than one show and wander around and see the card tricks and other magicians on the other areas.

I'm looking forward to going back soon.

Visited February 2013

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow! What a fun time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Just experienced the Magic Castle. Let me tell you. My friends and I had a blast for my Birthday. The food was great the magic was awesome. The very funny Adam London in the parlour pulled up a person from our party. He was great and so was all the shows we saw. Go and have fun.

La Habra, California
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“wow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

it is great for the whole family. pricey so i would not go on a regular basis. definitely good for a special occasion. lots of fun.

California
202 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 243 helpful votes
“Fun night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Our older son is a member and finally took us to the Castle. We had heard the food was not particularly good. This wasn't true the night we ate there. From the bread through the truffle fries to the steaks and prime rib everything was really good. We didn't have dessert. We had a nice talk with two entertainers sitting at the table next to us. They were very sociable and easy going. The shows we saw were excellent. Besides being first rate magic performances, there was a definite light and fun atmosphere. Our son said the crowd has changed over the years, he said it used to be an older group but now is heavily younger adult folks. The dress code is cocktail elegant and few people weren't well dressed. We had a very enjoyable evening and certainly will return in the future.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Chingachgook
Santa Barbara, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great food...and a show!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We are happy members of the Magic Castle and keep coming here to celebrate all of our family special occasions, the food is great (but save room for dessert...the banana cream pie is the BEST!) but the magic is the real reason you come here. It really is top notch. There are bars and bathrooms in every area, so you're never far from a fresh drink (even when you're sitting for a show, cocktail waitresses make sure you're always taken care of) I love the new valet service they have now, members get bottled waters for the ride home, which is really a nice touch (the water bottles have the Magic Castle logo on them, so they double as souveniers!) As said in other reviews, before coming here - go to the Magic Castle website and pay attention to the dress code, there is one. Tip for the ladies, there are lots of stairs here, so be mindful with the high heels, I'm scared to death of tripping down the stairs, so I never wear super high heels here. Other than that, go, watch some cool magic and have fun! The staff here is always nice and will definately take care of you.

Visited February 2013