Knights Inn Los Angeles Central/Convention Center Area
Ranked #161 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We were on our last leg of our honeymoon and just wanted something affordale and cosy.
George was amazing and kind, Recommeding place to go and things to see.
The rooms were tidy and a good size , We stayed for around 5 nights and had no problems at all the bus is right out front which saves on hiring a car.
we would stay again if we were ever to go back to la.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Charles W, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Los Angeles Central/Convention Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you for the review. I also noticed you gave us outstanding marks on the Expedia network and that is very much appreciated. Glad the bus option worked out for you wonderfully and hope to have you with us again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Los Angeles Central/Convention Center Area

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Had a great stay here towards the end of my USA adventures. George was amazingly friendly and unbelievably helpful in helping me get the best out of my stay in LA. The rooms were nice, tidy and freshly painted. Just amazing value for money. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bryn E
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I was a guest of the Knights Inn on a recent trip to LA and must say that the entire staff is very friendly, as well as professional. The front desk personnel, Stephanie, Jeff and George, were so accommodating. My room was very clean and newly renovated which was a very welcome surprise. The complementary breakfast was surprisingly complete for a non-kitchen prepared breakfast,...choices of fresh fruit, oatmeals, selections of bread with great percolated coffee. Tea's and hot chocolate were available too. The homemade waffles!, served by the wonderful Norma of the housekeeping staff, were fantastic!

However, I believe one small issue should be addressed. While on trip advisor I noticed a review recently written by a guest about one of the front desk staff. To my surprise, I was there and witnessed this event. The woman who wrote the review did not tell the truth. As I was leaving my room my room, I saw a woman being rude and abusive to the front desk gentleman, who, as I watched, was gracious and polite, despite her astonishingly intolerant behavior. He carried all her bags down the steps, according to her instructions; despite the hot weather, pulled her bags off the street when the shuttle didn't show up on time, and offered to put her bags inside the lobby. Despite all his back-breaking work in the heat, I heard her distinctly say, "get away from me!" All this happened as I was waiting to check out. I was absolutely astonished at this uncalled for response to his polite offer. And, the other couple checking in at that time, were as surprised at her behavior too. Sometimes, as hard as these people work, they have to endure this kind of abuse from a guest who just doesn't appreciate what hard work people put in for their comfort. That woman should be ashamed of herself for singling out this gentleman and writing such a review of his hard work and efforts on her behalf. Despite all of this, he ran behind the front desk presented a smiling, helpful, polite attitude to us! bravo Jeff!

Room Tip: Was extremely pleased with the quality of service and cleanliness of rooms. The complimentry breakfa...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank imahealer
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

A guy receptionist called Jeff is dumb and dumber of Knights Inn. He helped me take my baggage down and put it in the pavement by the roadside in the hot sun while he went up for my second bag! What if a passer-by walk off with my big luggage bag worth easily $1,000s of dollars? I am now sweating in the sun waiting for my shuttle bus which is already 15 minutes late. I should be sitting in the lounge and the shuttle bus will come and take the bags out. Jeff is a "cow-boy" so beware!
I'm almost at the end of writing my review and still waiting for the shuttle bus to arrive!
The good news is there is a lady in the breakfast room who makes waffles, and she's a beautiful and lovely blond hair lady.
Manager George is helpful.
I'm sweating for about half an hour now outside the hotel with sweat dropping from my forehead! So beware of "crazy Jeff"
I've finished my review and still waiting in the hot sun now!
So if Jeff is the receptionist, I'll give this hotel one-star only!!!!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Baby008
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed at this place for a week for work because it was close to downtown LA without being crazy expensive. Although the building looks a little old from the outside, it was well kept on the inside, very clean, and was quiet, which is important for me since I am a very light sleeper. I was weary about all the reviews I had read regarding the area, but I had no issues getting around to and from downtown LA and going to the stores and restaurants around at night, all on foot.

Probably the best thing about this hotel though is the staff. George (the manager) has a well deserved reputation of being a very good host and was able to accommodate some of the needs I had, being there on business. Will definitely stay at again the next time I go to the area, for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Ross E
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

This place is great, the owner George is awesome, went out of his way to make sure we had a great stay, great waffles for breakfast for free, great tacos across street at bakery, and the rooms are nice, free parking garage, and wifi. Awesome staff recommend staying here when in town for dodgers game , 1 mile from stadium.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Accatch07
Charles W, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Los Angeles Central/Convention Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for the review! Hopefully you are in town for future Dodger games as they are going to crush it!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

First time staying at a Knights in property...booked because of Wyndham loyalty program. I am flexible in my lodging choices, with two (1) prerequisites: 1) safety and 2) cleanliness. The property is in a marginal area and is undergoing a renovation...not a pretty sight on the exterior. In fact, if I were more familiar with Los Angeles and knew of other options in the area, I wouldn't have gone in. Before checking in I opted to check out one of the rooms. I found the room to be clean and it was apparent that it had undergone a recent renovation. I found the renovation to be adequate for a property at Knight's Inn price point. However, I was taken aback by the manager's response, when I asked about security. He responded that gangs were about three (3) blocks away and said that if you didn't confront them, one shouldn't have a problem. As a lone traveler, his comments didn't make me feel warm, fuzzy or safe. Generally, I opt for high level floors and will not stay at ground level, for security reasons. But, this property only has one level. I ended up staying at the property for several days, but only spent about three (3) hours there. I wouldn't return. If you are a lone traveler, particularly if you do not have a car, I would recommend coming and going only during daylight hours.

Room Tip: The property only has about 25 rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank hoosiervegas
Charles W, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Los Angeles Central/Convention Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for your review. We have staff that monitor the rooms 24 hours a day with free gated parking. Although you originally intended to stay one night, you extended for two more nights and I hope that speaks to how you felt about the property.

In LA it is advisable to travel by either a car or public transportation as most attractions are not within walking distance. For this we provide secure gated parking for free and have 2 convenient bus stops right in front of the property where it is very safe. At night as one reviewer stated you should keep your wits about you as is the case with the greater Los Angeles area.

I hope the early check-in and late extension made your trip better. We did have to move some guests since we were sold out when the late request for extension was made but wanted accommodate you the best way we could. As stated we only have 25 rooms but are often sold out. We hope to convert our other building at a future date to add more rooms.

Thank you!