“My favorite restaurant!”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We love The Alcove for it's freshly made food! It's outstanding! The location is very hip and sometimes you may see a celeb or someone reading a script.It's fun to eat outside in the beautiful weather and they have valet parking but we can usually find street parking.The food is always fresh and delicious and I feel like I'm eating healthy there! The menu is diverse and creative.This summer we were in L.A. for a week and I had to eat ther twice because overall it's just a great time and the food is so satisfying.We haven't been disappointed,ever!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Any time I have out of town guests, I take them here and they rave about it. The freshness and quality of the food is always impressive. Nice variety of menu items. I feel like everyone can eat here, no matter what dietary issues they have. I really love their breakfast menu. And I enjoy sharing the 2 tier cheese plate,filled with different cheeses, nuts, fresh fruit and crackers. They also have an amazing bakery selection, and nice lattes and drinking chocolates. And they recently opened a Bar so now they have a nightlife scene. I love going there at night, sitting outside surrounded by beautiful lights. The outdoor patio is a big draw. It's very crowded on weekends and parking can be challenging, but I always find free street parking. I don't mind walking a bit.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We went there for father's day Breakfast. Parking is a PAIN. Food is a bit pricey! Taste just OK! Selection of menu is not that much though! My daughter bought a cookie for $over 2 a piece? Are you kidding me? That's way too much! Better go else where for a better deal and be happy!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Visiting a friend for a couple days and she took me here for lunch. Was one of the better places we ate over the visit. Loved the patio dining - great for people watching. It was a very hot day and there was plenty of shady spots to linger outside. We happened to arrive just in time for the happy hour menu but elected to order the steak salad instead. It was done extremely well and we both enjoyed the salads. I did partake in the happy hour wine menu which offered a couple of good wines at $5 a glass and a few specialty beers for around the same price. All in all, great dining experience.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Beautiful location dining on patios or inside. The food is high quality and large portions, share something so that you have room for one of the gorgeous desserts!