“Carpet should be RED... not BLACK and RED”
Review of Marina Seven Motel

Marina Seven Motel
Ranked #288 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed May 7, 2014

What a disappointment!

As soon as I saw the black, grimy path from the door to the bed, I planned on calling relatives who lived around the area. I was hoping they would put us up for the night. Looking around, my husband and I could see areas where dust was thick. I thought maybe the two pillows were ok. Nope...they were as flat as pancakes. I could not believe that a place like this could charge so much for the quality they had.

I went to the bathroom and noticed that not all the towels were neatly folded. One looked like it was used by someone who wiped his/her hands quickly. But I may be wrong. It could be just sloppy housekeeping; not that it mattered at this point.

I could not sleep in this room because I would not dare use my CPAP machine and contaminate it. My husband's cousin gladly offered us a place to stay for the night.

So we paid well over a hundred dollars to stay for about an hour.. and to take pictures so that others would know what to expect.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank crafty_dime

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We booked this motel in advance via Booking.com.
Better not!

The motel itself was standard looking from the outside. The receptionist was ok. Not very friendly but ok.

We were traveling with two families and two childs. The room was clean but the Bathroom was horrific. All four walls of the bathroom were covered with mould. Terrible.

But the worst part of our night there was right in the middle of the night.
Some people in the neighbor room started a fight and discussed at around 1 a.m., shortly after that some strange looking maybe criminals started to break into the room next door were the arguing couple was.

They didn´t want to go away and nobody from the front desk cared about what was going on there.
Finally i called 911 and ordered the police to come to the scene. As soon as the police arrived with two cars it was going to be calm. Maybe the got arrested or something else.

I would never recommend this motel to anybody. And personally i would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Go on and look for a different place to stay!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank A1327
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stopped in at the motel on a weekday evening and were not only bluntly lied to by the attendant about the rate of the hotel but he also pocketed about 15$.

As it turned out the next day when I picked up our receipt from the "front desk", the evening front desk attendant had checked us in at a price of $101 for the room (taxes included) but charged us $115 (he told me with an eye wink not to tell anyone as this was a special rate he was able to provide for us only).

The cleanliness of the room was questionable as it was very run down. Luckily the towels and bed sheets seamed clean.

I would not have a problem recommending this hotel as the location is not too bad (about 10 minutes from the beach) and the rooms are though run down equipped with flat screen TV, fridge and free wi-fi and parking.

However stealing money from your customers is probably the worst thing a business could do.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Nelli2511
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I booked this hotel because of the good rate for my family of 4, the rooms are big and dated, but the rooms where clean and big, for the price I could not complain. I walk to Venice beach with my kids only a few blocks away and there is a nice Mc Donald’s next door. I don’t recommend walking at night, as the street is very busy. Hotel Staff are nice and house keepers are good.

Monica,

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank michael g
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Visiting Venice beach and Santa Monica, Marina 7 was the best value we could find in short notice at $129/day. It's location was close to the water and upon first appearance it looked like a well kept motel. The rooms were clean enough until my son found a bloody syringe in the bedside drawer next to a bible. Assuming it was used for drugs (due to the area) my son could have contracted a deadly disease! We contacted management and they had nothing to say. We had to forcefully demand a refund until they complied. This motel is disgusting and appeared to be used by the majority of drug users with the occasion of regular families, of course. Management does not enforce a strict housekeeping policy and handles any complaints loosely. DO NOT STAY HERE! Spend the extra money on a clean(er) name-brand chain hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank LSDelvalle
Reviewed July 2, 2011

this motel is not family friendly people smoking pot and the motel not clean....cigarette burns in the linen and the bathroom was not clean would NEVER recommend this motel even though off the beach for any family.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank cciniello
Reviewed December 5, 2009

We found ourselves at this hotel after our car broke down late in the evening, and it was just OK. The staff was ok, not overly friendly or overly concerned with service. The price was VERY good, at $79. The sheets and blankets were a little holey, and one of the blankets (not bedspread) looked a bit dirty in my opinion. I don't really have a lot of complaints about the hotel itself, but there is a bit of shady business and scary domestic issues that inhibit restful sleeping, the yelling started at 6 am at woke my husband, and then woke me and my son by 8am and went on and off until we checked out at 11 am. I can't complain too much about the hotel, the beds are stiff and the pillows flat, but I know you get what you pay for, and for what I paid it was reasonable value, but I won't stay there again if I had a choice....

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles Marina Del Rey
The Kinney
The Kinney
#3 of 11 in Marina del Rey

Been to Marina Seven Motel? Share your experiences!