Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge
Ranked #233 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed March 25, 2013

good for the money I paid. my kids love the breakfast . the staff was friendly and help with all our needs. there were good restruants near by . Gen always had a smile and was ery willing to help in any way. although the room was a smoking room it did not smell like smoke.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you very much for the great review of your stay with us. We're thrilled that you found our associates to be helpful and friendly, specifically Gen. We're also so pleased to hear that your kids loved the breakfast. Again, thank you so much for the great review and we look forward to see you the next time you are in Norhridge.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

So.....it was me and my cousin's 1st time in the land of angels and before visiting all the usual touristy spots we had to go pay a visit to our extended family in Porter Ranch but unfortunately because of an emergency situation at their house ,they put us up at this never-heard-of before hotel chain.We were quite iffy about it at first and wanted to check out the location and room before checking in esp since there is a police parking spot right up front.
Let me just say,the staff here is phe-no-me-nal and managed to turn around our impression from the get go!!!The girl at the desk was so efficient & super understanding of our situation and showed us a double room in a quiet corner that we immediately felt at ease and checked in.The room was like a mini apartment with all the features that a studio has so we felt totally at home.They are ALL so friendly at the reception and gave us everything we needed to be comfortable including popcorn and hot chocolate!The hotel did not have a pool or gym which was a downer for us but they are so close to many restaurants and a major shopping mall so we had plenty to do during our short week there.They had a continental kind of breakfast ,we never made it in time as its only till 9.30am but they would still give us coffee & fruit most of the time,such great service !
We will definitely recommend this awesome hotel to anyone needing a more than just a hotel room type of place that is safe and clean and very home-y.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor corner room (they also have smoking rooms which was a huge surprise being as its...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nicki b
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you so very much for your "phenomenal "review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Northridge!
My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have been a Motivational Speaker all my life and Corporate Clients like Toyota and Lexus put me up in Marriotts, Four Seaons, Ritz Carltons all over the world. Would you believe I prefer the Extended Stay in Northridge, California? Why? When I did workshops at the Ritz in Phoenix, by the time I got to my room I had spent $20 dollars, on tipping the guy that opened my rental car door, the doorman, the baggage person, the guy that always said "I'll be happy to fill up you ice bucket" and stayed long enough to receive a tip. Now, I drive up from Long Beach (where I live) and check into the Extended Stay Northridge..get recognized every week by Gen or Jesus (who always remember me and never expect a tip) and I get to my room with the $20 still in my pocket and ice cubes in the refrig ( and they have some kind of cool check list system because the ice trays all always full and I have been coming there every week since May 22, 2012...they never miss! The holiday decorations that Gen does look like Hollywood and you should treat yourself and bring your family on Halloween and get lost in her beautiful spider web decorations...magic!
Ashe has been a professional problem solver for every request I've made. I need to switch from paying with my Visa to my employer paying on a Corporate account and she made that easy.
Even when the every hotel event happens like fire alarms going off or chrging a wrong account the rapport is there and the phone calls are answered and it gets handled pronto. (not my experience with other bigger hotel chains) . In my career on the road as a speaker, I would go to the same city and the same hotel 4 times a year and NEVER see the same face at the front desk to welcome me. I feel like Gen and Jesus are my brother and sister always welcoming me home and giving me my favorite from (if possible). I loved this hotel even before they got the classy new bedspreads and now I feel like I'm back at the Ritz but with the $20 bucks in my pocket and ice in my frig..Thanks you team at Northridge Extended Stay...P.S. See you Monday night the 28th. happy Hugs from Ashley Waugh

Room Tip: I love the 3rd and 4 th floors...but have never had a bad room in 9 months of staying there
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ashleywaugh_waugh7
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Northridge. The staff and I are extremely pleased that we were not only able to meet your expectations, but exceed them! I am truly honored to work with such a dedicated team and will be sure to share your kind words with everyone, especially Gen & Jesus.

Once again, thank you very much. We wish you the best of luck in your future public speaking endeavors and look forward to hopefully seeing you back at our hotel again soon! It would be our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Upon arriving,I received a friendly Greeting from Jesus & Ashe,which set the tempo of my stay! Check-in was quick,informative & I checked in 30 minutes early,too! The new comforter on my King-size Bed enabled me to take a quick nap before I began working! I was completely enamored with the low emitting sound of the heater as I turned it on before I went to Bed. Once again,The Extended Stay in Los angeles-Northridge, was "The BEST in the WEST" to me!

Room Tip: Walk the Hall outside your room and enjoy the quiet sound of your neighbors!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

It was very kind of you to to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Northridge! It's wonderful to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. We believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It would, of course, be our pleasure to host you in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to me directly if I can assist you in any of your future travels at any of our locations.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

The Extended Stay in Northridge is a well maintained hotel. The rooms are nice and clean, comfortable too. The staff is friend and helpful. The coffee is pretty good. Overall, a great place to stay, whether it's for a night or two or longer.

• Stayed: December 2012
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

I wanted to take the time to personally respond and thank you for your recent review of our hotel. It is our pleasure to give you a home away from home experience with staff being courteous and helpful. If we can assist with accomodations at any of our facilities, please let us know. Thanks again.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I'd have to say I'm admired by the staff at this location!!! The Mgr is Ashe. Nahid, Jesus, Gen, & Perrin have all been very hospitable during my numerous stays at this hotel. Everyone should be very commendable in their manner and approach; felt like home! This hotel is clean and has a comfortable environment. The rooms are equipped to be very private in that Ive never had complaints about noise! I felt at home when i stayed here and I definitely will be returning! I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: December 2012

We received your review of your recent stay with us and would like to thank you for the kind words about our staff team. Its always so encouraging to know that we were able to make our vauled guest stay so enjoyable. Thank you so much and we look forward to your future stays with us.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I aqm staying at Extended Stay because I am between apts. I stayed Hear last year for a while and had a very good experience with the whole staff, the room was clean, service was very good, so I came back and I have not been disapointed so far with my stay this time, the staff has been very hepfull and curtious, I have and will recomend friends and people about this place.

Room Tip: I sugest third floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the great review. As you have experienced, we take pride in making our guests stay as close to a home away from home as possible. We invite you to come stay with us again in the near future and thank you again for the review.