“Extended Stay America Northridge (ESAN) a Big Hit!”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge
Ranked #203 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Pasadena, California
“Extended Stay America Northridge (ESAN) a Big Hit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

What makes a hotel grand has more to do with the quality of staff than accoutrements. ESAN’s front desk personnel succeed with aplomb in this regard. The comity and efficiency of this team will ease any weary traveler. If you travel as much as I who have tholed ungrateful and ungracious hotel staff, you will certainly find ESAN’s professionals a refreshing change.

This is not to say that amenities take a back seat or are not tantamount to comparable hotels. ESAN’s Breakfast-To-Go is a big hit. Coffee served hot and fresh rivals any cup of Starbucks. Quaker Oats Oatmeal, Kellogg Nutri-Grain Cereal Bars, apples, oranges offer healthy choices. (Yes, there are chocolate and blueberry muffins for guests with a predilection for sugar.)

Finally, the rooms provide new, large flat panel televisions with most cable and network stations. The rooms come with complete kitchens for those of us who want to cook and entertain. There is also free Wi-Fi with excellent connection speeds. Given price considerations and amenities, ESAN is about the best value out there.

Coach Sydnor

Room Tip: First floor rooms are among the best in the hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank CoachSydnor
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear CoachSydnor,

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Northridge. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Northridge, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I will definitely recommend this hotel. I've been staying here since March with my son and have no complaints. Service is exceptional, the front desk staff and manager are extremely helpful and friendly and go out of their way to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Clean room which included 2 beds (very comfortable), full size kitchen, working/eating area with table and chairs, flat screen TV, and a full bathroom. Free breakfast every morning. Close to everything!!!
To me the service i received here its been the best and what makes extended stay america one of my favorites..

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are quieter
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Mayra P
Dear Mayra P,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Northridge. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
burbank
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

Manager non responsive to my complaints, property smells of Marijuana & they double billed me on several days. I would never stay at this place again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jake j
Dear Jake J,

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Northridge. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. I regret that I was not given the opportunity to resolve your concerns during your stay with us.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying due to smoke odors and billing concerns,and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page).

I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future to be given the chance to change your opinion of our company.

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed at this location in March for a month and really aprpeciated all that this hotel has to offer.
The location was perfect for the valley and easy access to my job training site as well as numerous attractions in Los Angeles.
The rooms are like mini condos and bigger than my apartment in NYC!The ability to cook in my own room was a huge money saver and definitely the main reason for choosing this hotel over others in the area.For a single lady I felt safe and secure and thats a huge plus in a big city like LA.
I have stayed at some other Extended Stays around the country and this one stood out for me because of the quality of customer service which was usually non existent at the other hotels I have experienced in this chain.The front desk staff is always eager to please and very effecient as well as the housekeepers .My compliments to the manager of this team !
My only concern and recommendation would be to have housekeeping on daily basis,even if its just a refresh service and to update the rooms decor .I was told they would begin serving breakfast soon so that would add even more value .

Thank you for a great stay and hope to get this kind of positive experience at other extended stay locations as well.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Marissa L
Dear Marissa L,

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Northridge. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.