“Quirky and Nice”
Review of The Moment Hotel

The Moment Hotel
Ranked #69 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Terrific staff – friendly and informative! Definitely an “A-Team.” Amazing renovation to a formerly funky property, although I would have preferred less “in-your-face” design – you know, more graphic subtlety – and less laminate. Loved the rain-shower, bed was OK not great, and, wow!, the electric black-out shades were amazing. Whoever came up with that detail should receive a design Oscar. So here’s my take on the oft-noted “LA smell.” The original motel property was probably old, decades old; older wood-framed LA buildings have a distinctive odor that can be solved only by a complete tear-down. But for a major motel renovation, in order to avoid costly re-permitting, the original “footprint” must remain intact, and that pretty much means the original wood-frame itself. No doubt the frame was stripped of its coverings, new wiring and plumbing and all sorts of other upgrades installed, BUT that smelly wood frame simply had to remain. Maybe engineers could have “deodorized” the place – it might have been a possibility, who knows. Anyhow, beyond the odor, The Moment is, as they say, a cool experience, very conveniently located (especially if you’re a musician – Guitar Center is across the street), with lots of tasty restaurants within a short walking distance. Bottom line: a great staff makes even a quirky moment memorable…

Room Tip: Ask for a "quiet" room. Let the "A-Team" help you choose.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Craig S, General Manager at The Moment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Thank you for your comments about The Moment hotel. We appreciate the kind words and interesting perspective. We are glad that you were able to experience the hotel and enjoyed the amenities. You are absolutely right about the staff - they are an A- Team and I will make sure that your review gets mentioned to everyone.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this Hotel and wish I had more time here! Check-in was fast and although I didn't get the upgrades mentioned all over TripAdvisor, I still loved my little room. Shower is fantastic, rain-style with lots of pressure! Powerful A/C! The only downside was the amount of quite noticeable stains on the bedding. I'm guessing they aren't using bleach when washing this stuff. I'm all for environmentally-friendly detergents, but at least do some spot-treatment. I can't imagine how someone grossed out by that kind of thing would react.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank na711cho

Thank you for taking the time to review us. You are absolutely correct about the bedding. If you could email me directly at gm@themomenthotel.com so I can look into your reservation that would be great. As for the upgrades - when they are available we love to hook our guests up. We'll get you one the next time you are in Hollywood. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Hotel is recently renovated/opened. Staff is very friendly and helpful if you have questions. Beds are ok, TV is great!

Must say there was kind of a 'smell' in the hotel, should do something about that.. Rooms where always very clean!

The rooftop bar is very nice but you should get a bit more on the menu. Also a bartender who is just there for the bar, not the bistro to.

Never had parking problems, bit pricy but think thats normal in a city like LA no? Maybe try discounts for longer stays..

Music in the hallways is a cool idea, but shut it off after 8pm.

Didn't have any problems with noise or so.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

We appreciate you taking the time to review us. I will pass on your comments to the staff and ensure that any issues you encountered are answered timely. As for the odor in the halls, I can't say we hear anything, however we will keep an ear out for it.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by what a wonderful spot The Moment is. Stayed 4 nights with my 13 year old son. First---the friendliest staff I ever encountered from maids and maintenance folks to the front desk (Courtnay is terrific!). Because it's a small place you start to feel like you are staying with friends. Very cool, comfortable rooms with great rain showers and a cozy bed. The roof deck is a cool spot to lounge and read. Excellent beers on tap and prices are amazing for a hotel---they don't gouge you. Good location---check out Samuel French Books a few blocks up Sunset.

My only modest complaint is the noise from the halls---folks talking late at night can be a little disruptive, but not a serious issue. Would stay here again in a minute.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor facing the Hollywood Hills have the best view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

We appreciate the great review and kind words about the hotel. You are correct about Courtney (and all our staff). I will make sure she is aware of your review. We look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Don't get fool by the look of this hotel. It could easily be one of those "boutique hotel wannabes"...but it's not. It is a true clean, simple and modern boutique hotel that any young professional prefers. (I am sure not just young professional would enjoy it). First of all, the location is great. Close to all the key locations. The hotel itself is very clean. One of the cleanest hotel rooms I have ever stayed. The bed was so comfy. Shower area is simply amazing. And the staff? Super friendly...in a real sincere way. It's one of these hotels that was created by really nice people. And it shows. High recommend this place. Bravo, keep up the great work guys!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great review. We are glad that you were able to experience our hotel as well as enjoy an outstanding stay. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I love this hotel. When I went to check in the front desk let me know that the manager Craig had upgraded my room to a suite. What a nice surprise. This was my 1st time at the hotel and when I go back to LA I will always stay here. It is not your big fancy hotel - it is better!! It's so cool!! And you are near everything!! The rooms are nice and big - the shower is nice and big!! Can't say good things!!! And I can't wait to go back!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Craig S, General Manager at The Moment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you for the great review and for trying us out. I'm glad you enjoyed the suite, having a private balcony on Sunset Blvd is a great feature! We look forward to getting you back here soon.

thanks again,

Reviewed April 9, 2014

This hotel thoroughly surprised me. I was going to stay at The Standard like I typically do but saw this new modern looking hotel so I went inside and asked for rates. They has a special for first time guest and I got a great deal. There was a guy named Davin that was working the front desk and he made sure that I was taken care of. The room was fantastic! Clean, big flat screen with Direct TV, and the thing that I liked most was the automated blinds that allowed me to make my room very dark. If you stay here make sure you wear the robes they have omg I felt like a King with it on lol. I will be staying here next time I'm in LA 5 stars!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Willmega23

Thank you for the great review. We are glad you decided to try us out. Davin is a great associate and we enjoy having him here. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
West Hollywood
Grafton on Sunset
Grafton on Sunset
#9 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to The Moment Hotel? Share your experiences!