“excellent choice”
Review of The Moment Hotel

The Moment Hotel
Ranked #84 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed October 28, 2013

was impressed with just about everything from the friendly front desk staff to the modern, fresh look of the rooms. Really appreciated the extra amenities like the charging station and keurig in the room. Loved the shower, and the comfy beds and pillows. Room with 2 double beds was perfect for me and my brother. Only negative would be the cost of on-site parking- way overpriced for essentially an unsecured parking lot. Would definetely stay here again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Craig S, General Manager at The Moment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate the glowing words and rating. We look forward to getting you back out here and staying with us.

-Craig

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed at The Moment with some friends for one night. The upsides are that it has great value, new and modern, and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful with suggestions of places to go. Rooms are on the smaller side, but clean and with a cool boutique vibe. I would recommend a room on the second floor as well. They seem to have less street noise and get more natural light in.

The one negative is that the roof top bar wasn't serving drinks. You can buy drinks downstairs and bring them up, but would have been nice to have service up there with the tv's on to watch some games. The location is ok, but not right next to anything in particular, but if you're willing to walk or take some short cab rides you will be fine.

I will stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Buckeye37
Craig S, General Manager at The Moment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We're glad that you were able to stay with us and it sounds like you enjoyed yourself. Our rooms vary in bed type and size as we have a mix of rooms with King, Queen and two double beds, we try and maximize as much space as we can in each room category. Our King Suite is a fantastic room that comes with its own private patio overlooking Sunset Blvd.
Our exclusive roofdeck is open from 7am - 11pm and I will ensure the next time you're here that there is a staff presence upstairs.
Again thank you for taking the time to review us. We look forward to seeing you back here soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My daughter lives in the area, so I've tried several hotels nearby: Loews, The Roosevelt, Days Inn and now The Moment. So far I'd say that The Moment is my #2 choice, with Loews being #1. But the weekend I was there The Moment was much more affordable.
When I first checked in I was given a room on the first floor, right on Sunset Blvd., with a window onto the parking lot. Yuk. I went back to the front desk and asked for a room at the rear of the hotel on the second floor and was accommodated. I was much more comfortable in this room. The rooftop bar looked cool, but when we went there about 10pm on a Friday night it was dead.

Things I liked: The automatic black out shades, the bed, the USB outlets, Direct TV with Channel Guide, the basic design of the room, big shower. Good location and walkable to many restaurants, bars, Hollywood attractions, etc.

Things I didn't like: The bed pillows - 4 pillows on a king size bed and they are all big fat pillows. I had to ask for a flatter pillow. Perhaps they could have two big pillows and two flatter pillows on the bed so guests have a choice? The lighting at the sink area - impossible to apply make-up with this lighting - too many shadows. The soap/lotion dispensers - I love the idea of the dispensers, those little bottles are so wasteful, but they squirt several feet away. I ended up with lotion on my shirt. The comforter was nice and thick and fluffy but...I had to turn the A/C way down so I wasn't too hot. This is LA after all. The toilet paper!! The roll that was on when I arrived was fine, but I needed to get out the spare - ouch! Awful, possibly single ply and scratchy. Although there are two shower heads, you can't have them both on at the same time, so showering a deux wouldn't be so great.

Room Tip: Get a room int back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Craig S, General Manager at The Moment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're glad you gave us a shot and hope we can welcome you back to visit your family on your return. We love our location as well and there is always so much to walk to in the area.
I will speak with our staff to make sure the standards of the room are always at our highest. No one likes single ply - that's for sure!
Please let me know the next time you are travelling to stay with us, and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The MOMENT hotel was everything I had asked for and more. It is a brand new boutique hotel that just opened up this year. That's all the new rage now, you know boutique hotels.

Right off the bat, I just have to say the staff here is AMAZING. I'm going to personally speak on behalf of Owen, a great concierge who is more than accommodating. And Craig, the General Manager of this fine establishment who you can tell loves his job, this place and his guests. If you need any tips on Hollywood travel, he's your man.

The location is in the heart of Sunset Blvd. and a $10 cab ride to fabulous restaurants, clubs, bars off Hollywood Blvd. Its close enough and far enough from all the noise.

For the past reviews about homeless people being in the area, I'd like to remind you there are homeless people everywhere. Though, I didn't see ONE person during our stay. Regardless, they just want your leftovers from dinner you wouldn't bring back into the hotel anyway. Big whoop. Welcome to CALIFORNIA.

The rooms were modern, clean, and VERY comfortable. Best robes I've ever tried on :)

The $22 parking fee everyone is complaining about is more than reasonable. Take your car out of that lot and look for parking on the streets or park it in another lot for $50 and see how you feel then about the parking fees they have. Don't cheap.

*There isn't a fitness center or pool, but if you're looking to travel the city and are on the go-go-go, then you will absolutely love it here and it won't even matter.

The MOMENT hotel is all around perfect for traveling in Hollywood.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Craig S, General Manager at The Moment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. I have shared your praise with Owen and the team. We look forward to your return trip to Hollywood!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I loved the decor and design. The room was extremely comfortable and chic (and colorful!) - it looked just like the photos, which was a very pleasant surprise. It was quiet and stylish. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the housekeeping did an excellent job cleaning. I loved the little extras that went above and beyond like usb ports right next to the bed, blackout curtains, and the rain shower. The location made getting anywhere easy by car, plus there were lots of places within walking distance (Hollywood tourist attractions, grocery stores, restaurants, movie theater). Even the mini bar was reasonably priced. I would enthusiastically recommend The Moment to anyone visiting Hollywood.

My biggest complaint is the $22 per day for parking. It is an extremely small parking lot (with extremely small parking spaces). One night I actually chose not to take my car out because the lot was full and I was certain that there wouldn't be parking when I returned late. Sure enough, when I did get back, the lot was packed. I have no idea where I would have parked otherwise (plus I would still be paying the $22 for that day!)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Craig S, General Manager at The Moment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very excited to be located in the heart of Hollywood and within walking distance of many great activities and locations.
We do have additional parking spots and I will make sure that the Front Desk relays this information to our guests. I would hate to think you're limited to the area by not wanting to use your car!
Again thank you for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

In short, this is not a $300/night establishment. The most I would pay here, including parking/tax would be about $180.

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend, while celebrating our wedding anniversary in Los Angeles. I was a bit hesitant since I couldn't find any reviews on Yelp, and Trip Advisor only had 6 reviews. Everyone said it was a new hotel though, and they stated the location was great as there were restaurants/shops in walking distance. I think all these reviewers are friends of the hotel as we did not have the same experience.

Cons:
* The area is unsafe at night. There are bums walking around, screaming stuff at you.

* They run out of parking, so they park you down this dark alley that is even more unsafe to walk back out of! We ended up illegally parking our car in the parking lot, because I was so scared of the dark alley when we came home at 3am one time.

* There are no good shops, bars, or restaurants within walking distance. Everywhere we went was about a $40 UberX ride. Yelp has the wrong address for the hotel. It's on Sunset, NOT West Sunset, so where we thought we were staying, was far from it. We got mapped to the wrong location. When you type in the correct address, it maps you to "ECONO LODGE". and this is exactly what this place was. An Econo lodge w/ a new paint job.

* The dimmer lights flickered in the room, so the lights in the room were constantly giving off a strobe light effect.

* The most rough toilet paper I've ever felt. Worst than Asia even!

* When taking a shower, I saw a heart drawn in the steam. I thought my husband drew it for me, until I realized he didn't shower yet! It was from the last guest. I guess housekeeping did not clean it well.

* No swimming pool.

* The first night I got there, I got a bug bite on my forehead. I was hoping it was from going to the sky deck and not from the room. We slept, I woke up, and now had 2 bites on my chest and one on my arm. I felt itchy the rest of our time there.

* The sensored mini bar was stressful as we were trying so hard not to move anything around to get accidentally charged.

* The containers for shampoo/conditioner/body wash squirted really far, so you would get it all over your clothes, wall, etc.

* The whole facilities smelled like paint. I think this is because they just painted the place. Unfortunately, there is no way to open the window in our room, so we were suffocating on paint fumes all week.

* I never saw the rooftop bar open, and our room was facing it.

In short, we paid $300/night for an econo lodge, in a ghetto part of LA. Paid $22 to self park our car in a parking lot that didn't have enough spaces. There are no amenities at the hotel. Nobody to help you with your bag. No place to purchase food or drinks.

The only Pros to this hotel is the TV was very clear, and the robes and slippers they provided were soft. We won't be back and wouldn't recommend this to anyone as it's not really for the luxury traveler, not for the budget traveler, and not for the people that want a hotel close to everything so they can just "walk down the strip". Make sure you check and double check the location on the map for what's nearby. It's right across the street from Guitar Center, miles and miles and miles down from the fun/bar side of Sunset.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MsSjvivi22

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I remember reading this review about a month ago on Yelp. We were able to use it as a training tool to teach the staff and that was very beneficial.

I do want to touch on a few points that you bring up. We are located in the heart of Hollywood and there are a lot of characters in any major city. Knowing where to go and where to not go is the key to any travel destination.

Just this past week our guests have walked to a free Paul McCartney Concert, a free Justin Timberlake concert and the Taste of Italy Festival sponsored by Jimmy Kimmel just to name a few local attractions. However if you are looking to travel outside of Hollywood or West Hollywood via car service you will incur a higher cost.

Again thank you for taking the time to review us last month and for posting it here as well. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

The Moment hotel is modern and brand new, it smells new!!

There are lot of nice things: very nice furniture, incredible roof deck terrace, large flat tv, wifi, comfortable bed, USB plugs near the bed, everything is cool and designed well.

Something is really not in line with the overall high quality: the air conditioner is bulk, white, not integrated, very noisy and impossible to set. If you don't want to be woken up in the middle of the night by the vent you have to switch it off completely. Guys, make something. :)

The other not so nice thing is that you have to pay 22$ for the parking and it was not mentioned in booking.

• Stayed: September 2013
Craig S, General Manager at The Moment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the fact that you took the time to write about us. I am glad that you were able to enjoy several of the amenities here at The Moment Hotel.
I will have to look into the AC unit in your room. It should not have been going off intermittently and should have remained quiet. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Most hotels in Los Angeles charge for parking, and for this area our pricing is very reasonable. I am disappointed that you were not aware of this charge before booking and I will ensure the front desk staff are relaying this information whenever speaking with guests.
Again thank you for taking the time to review us, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
#36 of 355 in Los Angeles
Kimpton Everly Hotel
Kimpton Everly Hotel
#3 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to The Moment Hotel? Share your experiences!