“Yes Outstanding!!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Yes Outstanding!!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I so remember watching the Olympics and other sporting events on television and to see it in person WOW!!! Every person I came in contact was like... so FRIENDLY and not like I was sitting there wondering this and that. Thanks to all that helped me get a GREAT impression of LA!!! I WILL BE BACK!!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank JiminFlorida33460

• Korean first
West Bloomfield, Michigan
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great football games, bad surroundings”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've been here three times to see Notre Dame play USC. The stadium is very loud and as a visiting fan, it's very easy to get around. Plenty of food vendors and the stadium staff isn't too strict on assigned seats if you're in an area with empty seats. A few times we've moved over a few sections to empty seats and they never sent us back.

Each time we've taken a bus with a group to the stadium, which is good for out-of-towners. The area around the Coliseum was likely where Menace 2 Society and Boyz N The Hood was filmed. You don't want to walk away from the stadium and stay in groups. It's hard for buses to move around after the game with so many fans trying to leave, so expect a wait if you go with a group. Next time we go rather than take the charter bus, we'll probably go early, pay the $100 parking across the street from the stadium, tailgate, and be able to get out quickly after the game.

I'm sure other game day experiences here are fun if USC is playing another rival.

4 Thank TravelingBrianandKim
Orange County, CA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Perfectly located right by USC but seating is old and dated”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I recently attended the USC-Arizona State football game at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. It had been decades since I had entered the venue, in fact I believe my last lime was in the mid-1970's for a Monday night game between the then Los Angeles Rams and Washington Redskins. While I found the grounds updated and nice, the seats have pretty much stayed the same; hard and uncomfortable. We sat in the corner of the Coliseum on hard benches. Even the areas that had individual seats were old, hard plastic. Definitely bring a seat cushion with you.

However I will say this; even though the seats were uncomfortable the view of the game was still awesome. There appears not to be a bad seat in the house in respects to viewing the game. We were pretty high up but had a great perspective.

One thing that definitely has not changed is the traffic, both foot and motor. It is horrible once the game is over. Unless the game is exciting and close (this one was pretty much decided at the end of the third quarter) I would suggest leaving early. Otherwise it could take you 30 minutes just to get to your car, then another hour to get out of the surrounding area. One nice thing though is Metro has a station right at the Coliseum so feel free to take the train to the game. It will probably be a better choice.

1 Thank ArchieMYL
Pasadena, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Awesome Place to attend a USC Gane”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very special sports venue. The grounds are beautiful. Tailgate parties all over the campus. Yhe coliseum has plenty of food selection and plenty of bathrooms. Well organized facility with plenty od staff to get the day going. Very safe. Best places to park are from the locals that live around the area. They will watch you car for $20. Love to go there and take the kids. Very kid friendly.

Los Angeles, California
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“history and history in the making”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

It was great to attend a USC game at this historic sporting venue. How else can you say that you attended a college football game with 93,000 people where 2 Olympics, a world series and the Super Bowl have been held? It is an old venue, but it was a great experience. It was well staffed, but be prepared to deal with the crowds at large events. I would highly recommend utilizing public transportation so you don't have to deal with traffic, driving around to find a space and paying $30 to park. We rode the rail ($1.50 one way I believe/$5 for a day pass) and it was a breeze (especially with the new Expo line)! They even had event staff at all of the stops.

Visited September 2012