“Disappointing”

and up
Coastal Sights Helicopter Tour from Long Beach
Ranked #55 of 612 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: A huge bell given to the US as a bi-centennial gift and as a commemoration of veterans of the Korean War
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Since I like to get updated information, I felt I needed to write this quick review. For those traveling, with this on their 'To Do' list, this attraction is CLOSED. They are doing a restoration of the bell and inside work, so no pictures of anything. It is fenced off, so no getting up close and personal. I wish I would have know prior to taking the drive out though LA's HORRIBLE traffic! Check before coming to investigate

1  Thank DCDC
in 9 reviews
"pagoda"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This outing to the Bell was a really nice one. The Bell itself was unusually large and in a beautiful setting. The view was fantastic and on a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean. There were tables for picnics and plenty of room to walk around. It was very peaceful and there were not many people around. It also was free.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I went to see it with my girlfriend and brother while staying in San Pedro visiting family. It's a beautiful park! Lots of open spaces and beautiful views! It's history, the former bunker it sits on top of and the bell itself make this park so much more than 'just a park'. I wish I had something like this in my community! Totally worth checking out if you're in the area.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful area of our coast. We enjoy going there and enjoying the views, sights and sounds. Beautiful view of the ocean and Long Beach below you. Take a jacket you get a strong ocean breeze.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Another beautiful day! we brought my new husband to see the bell. He loved it. beautiful views of the ocean and San Pedro. A very nice park to take a stroll or have a picnic with huge shady trees, restrooms, picnic tables. This sight is used for various car shows too. you may have seen the Friendship Bell in a few movies as well.

1  Thank Letty O