“for celebration”

Roy's - Woodland Hills
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's - Woodland Hills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #541 of 10,036 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Cross street: Victory Blvd.
Transit: Topanga Canyon Blvd./Victory Blvd.
“for celebration”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

we took our daughter her 16th birthday after a great experience celebrating our anniversary July of last year. food excellent. we had the chef special. and it was to die for started with yummy, crunch spring roll, very light fish w/ a purple puree, then ended with very light chocolate mousse. what i remember clearly is the awesome, awesome service from the host to the manager - great customer service. we felt very taken cared of. love this place. it is expensive but for celebration, quite worth it.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Janjust16

Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
“Love this Place”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have been to Roy's many times and the woodland hills several times. The Miso Truffel soup is a beautiful starter. The staff is great and I always enjoy being there.

• Visited February 2014
Agoura Hills, California
“Mixed”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I was very impressed when I called to make a reservation for 5, they asked if there were any food allergies, MSG, or was this a special occasion, etc. I mentioned that my wife is allergic to MSG, and made sure to ask for a round table. The person taking the reservation from Roy's was specific on an exact time for the reservation. They even called the day of the reservation to confirm the time......
Needless to say we showed up exactly on time, they stated table wasn't ready, then after a 10 minute wait, they tried to cram 5 people into a booth for 4. After complaining to the manager (who had a twinge of an attitude), they reluctantly, prepared a nice table for 5.
Waitress had no idea about any of the food restrictions the reservation taker had asked about......
However, the food came perfectly prepared and was terrific. Once we sat down, the wait staff was friendly and helpful. Manager came over and insisted that he take $25 off the check because of the rough start to our dinner. I said that was really unnecessary.
Still, I left thinking that I might not come back and would have a hard time recommending the place.
Good food, fairly priced, well intended, but seemed to miss the mark a bit.

• Visited December 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Third time is a charm”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had been to Roy;s before, twice ,in fact, both times the service was awful and the food OK. So when friends wanted to go for their first time I kept my opinions to my self and we went. To my suprise the service was very good and the food was excelent, go figure.

• Visited November 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“all good, except the sushi”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The service was great- attentive and friendly. Happy hour was going on loudly at the tiny bar area, and I'll check it out next time. The calamari appetizer was quite delicious, but the sushi was pretty bad. No flavor to the rice, fish was mushy and the strongest flavor was the cucumber. I would not bother with the sushi again. The entres, however, were rich and filling. The pork shank and short ribs were melr-in-your-mouth and flavorful. The fish trio was also lip smacking. Everthing was on the rich side, so we had no space for dessert. I would go again for happy hour or entrees. Just avoid the sushi, unless you are at a Hawaii location Roys. Mainland Roys are good, just not quite the same as the originals.

• Visited October 2013