The location is not bad, but you need to take the bus or metro to get to the "close by" sights like the Walk of Fame or the Kodak Theatre.
The room was rather spacious, but quite dark, gloomy, not especially clean, the floor uneven, some of the towels property of big hotel chains, and the mattress squeaking and uncomfortable or simply old and worn out. During our stay, unlike in other accommodations, I haven't seen anyone using the pool and wouldn't have used it myself. There was a fridge in the room, but it was noisy that we had to switch it off to be able to sleep.
The continental breakfast consists of awful coffee, even worse orange-colored drink, and , if you re lucky / fast enough, a sugar-coated donut. No hot water, no milk, no plates, no napkins.
Wifi was working without problem.
Parking spaces are limited and even if some are available it's not easy to get in / out with a bigger car.
You shouln't expect any help from the personnel. I needed to print out 1 page (tickets booked over the internet) - the receptionist pretended to have never seen a USB stick before, and coulnd't tell any place close by where it might be possible to print.
Altogether the personnel was rather rude and the maid entered the room around 8.30-9.00 am without even knocking (no "do not disturb" sign available). Lucky we were just about to leave anyway.
Most disturbing for us was that, just about half an hour after we had left the hotel and were already on the highway to the next destination, we got a message from the bank that they charged the creditcard with additional 75$. We inquired by phone and were accused to have stolen the bedspread.
Well, what happened was that we put the bedspread aside (folded and put in a corner) on our first evening, the housekeeper removed it the next morning and we haven't seen it for the rest of our stay. Obviously, we didn't miss it as it was old and smelly. After two more calls, talking with the manager and explaining the circumstances, he talked to the housekeeping staff and our money is back now - apparently minus some bank charge, but at least most of it is back.
So, altogether not the best experience - it's ok to stay there for 1-2 nights, but if you can, choose a different accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll find the best rates online, the widest variety of room types online, at the most reliable Hollywood Boulevard Hotel. We offer our guest affordable room rates with luxury & friendly services. Hollywood Inn Express North is a motel that will ensure your family a comfortable and relaxing stay while you are visiting this dynamic city. We offer plenty of room options and features especially designed to serve families traveling together. We welcome you to our Hollywood motel, and hope you enjoy your stay. Unlike any other Hollywood Motels near Universal Studios Hollywood we offer discount tickets and tour arrangements to Universal Studios. Whether you're traveling on business, a leisure getaway, or a family vacation, this Hollywood Motel in Hollywood has the right motel accommodations for you. Take advantage of free internet access, and comfortable beds offered at Hollywood Inn Express North. You'll find the best rates online, the widest variety of room online, the most reliable motel near Universal Studios Thank you for considering Hollywood Inn Express North for your motel travel plans! All of our beautifully furnished Deluxe guestrooms equipped are with free Wireless Internet Access, Refrigerators, Iron/board, Hair Dryer, Radio clock and free complimentary breakfast. Motel located on Hollywood Boulevard 5 minutes to Hollywood Walk of Fame, 5 minutes to Sunset Blvd, walking distance 10 minutes to Hollywood Universal Studios and Discount Tickets available at the Lobby, 15 minutes to Hollywood Sign and Griffith Observatory Discount Universal Studio Tickets and Tour scheduling We are conveniently located in the heart of Hollywood! Treat yourself to the Hollywood Inn Express North Los Angeles. Choose this Hollywood motel for your travel needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hollywood Inn Express North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Inn Express North Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Hotel Express North