“Tacky and wet carpet” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #238 of 347 Hotels in Los Angeles
Melbourne, Australia
“Tacky and wet carpet”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were looking for clean, basic, budget accommodation that was reasonably close to the Walk of Fame. We were disappointed with this hotel. The staff wasn't friendly; the decor is dated and ridiculously tacky. This we can deal with but the worst part was that there was a massive wet patch in the carpet that would not go away. There must have been a leak under the floor and it made the whole room stink like wet carpet. Even for basic accommodation, this place was not great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MadamMelbourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

we stayed here for a few nights in September 2013. I can definitely say we got what we paid for. The rooms were quite dingy and dark but huge and the beds were very comfy. The pool was closed for our entire visit which was quite annoying as the temperature was around 35C every day and we wanted to cool off.
Our room had Whitney Houston painted on the wall which was a nice touch.
The staff were helpful but did not seem very friendly.
However if you are looking for a relatively inexpensive place to stay in Los Angeles which has good transport links to the rest of the city I would recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Valasske Mezirici, Czech Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

FIRST! Dont expect its some kind of hollywood top star hotel. Its a small and decent place to sleep near hollywood. Location is pretty good, surrounded by a lot of restourants and if you like to walk its like 30 minutes to Hollywood starts. Behind hotel is good free parking , wifi works well , and rooms are spacy and clean. Dont expect much but for modest travelers with small budgets this will be heaven. Only problem was that pool doesnt work.

Room Tip: Rooms with view to the Hollywood boulevard is quiet noisy
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

First time on a motel and it was better than I thought. Clean bathroom!
The staff were superfriendly!! I recommend this motel if u wanna stay for a few days, it was cheap. We had the Humphrey Bogart room! The only thing that were disturbing was the plastic in the bed.. But comfy

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gabriella S
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is a motel for the budget traveler. It's got a safe environment, a clean pool, large rooms and fairly new bathrooms. I paid about $85 after taxes for a room with 2 queen beds. There was a mural of Lucielle Ball on the wall, so it had a neat kitsch factor. There was a mini fridge and cups. The towels were clean but the bedding had a few stains. There were no tissues, so I had to use toilette paper to blow my nose. They provide soap and shampoo, but no lotion. The room was as quiet as to be expected for a motel. The fan in the aircon worked well to help white noise street traffic.

The staff were friendly and accomodating. I made a reservation for Saturday night. At the last minute, my plans changed and I needed the room for Friday as well. I called and was told no problem, they had a room and even though they didn't take a name or my booking number, it was there waiting for me when I checked in around 11pm. I wound up not needing Saturday, and was easily able to cancel that portion of my stay, as long as I checked out by 11am.

I was given a code for free wifi but was not told what the hours were for breakfast, so I missed that. Check out was a breeze.

In all, I would have no issue staying here again. It was only about a 5 block walk to the Metro station with easy access to North Hollywood Metro for getting to Bob Hope Airport in Burbank. There are a lot of great Thai restaurants for your dining pleasure.

Room Tip: I felt like the floor might have made noise for the room below, so I would want a room on the upper...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Northwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

So after reading reviews on this place I knew it wasn't going to be the best but I did not expect a dark and dingy room that stank of pee!!! I could have got over the dreadful decor but the smell was overwhelming! I didn't sleep in the sheets and I put a chair under the door as I didn't feel safe and to top it off I woke up to a cockroach in the bathroom! I was meant to stay 2 nights but ended up paying to stay in a different hotel for the 2nd night as there was no way I could have stayed there again! The guy on reception seemed friendly but wasn't didn't really seem interested in helping me out with organising to go places. I thought I was getting a good deal as this place is cheap but never again will I fall for that one! I recommend paying that little bit extra to stay somewhere safer, cleaner and in a better location. Never again will I stay here!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank stacey c

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Gold Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We were very happy with this place, it was very clean and the rooms were massive. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The guy at the front counter was so helpful, he even let us leave out surfboard in storage. Breakfast was basic but free, also free wifi. The neighbour was safe to walk around and shops were close by. Will be back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple