“Lousy customer service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Granada Hills

You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Granada Hills to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Granada Hills
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   15543 Rinaldi Street, Los Angeles, CA 91344 (North San Fernando Valley)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
New Vantage Hotels App
Ranked #201 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Lousy customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed at this place when I was sick. I asked for a non smoking room. The room was fine until the next evening. The smoke from another room came into mine. When I requested a new room the Manager beacame rude and he implied that I was smoking in my room. This would my first and last stay at the dump.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank varela0168
ABVIGranadaHills_Ca, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Granada Hills, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I would like to apologize for the smoke smell issues you encountered during your stay. We did not have any other non-smoking rooms available that evening. I would like to thank you for bringing these matters to my attention so I can take action. I will address these issues with my staff. My sincerest apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Arroyo Grande, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Rooms were clean,air conditioner worked well,the maid service very good,location perfect for our needs. The staff was very helpful, and professional. Again, staff was really helpful. Has a great location. Look forward to another stay soon.

Room Tip: Rooms near the office and downstairs.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Nish P
ABVIGranadaHills_Ca, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Granada Hills, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Wow.Thank you for that great review.Glad you found our property to your liking. Its great to see our guest acknowledge the effort of entire staff puts into keeping everything clean and providing the best service to all our guest at a economical prices.
Hanford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Greetings All,

This is the THIRD review I've written in regard to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Granada Hills, CA. Don't know what I did wrong as the previous reviews have not been posted here. I am NOT an employee of the hotel! The main thing is that this hotel remains a fantastic value for my business dollars, PERIOD. The front desk and house keeping staff have always treated me with professional courtesy and respect. Their Value Club has ensured I received the best rate possible for the rooms I reserve. I still love the fact that I enjoy easy access to the I-405 and close proximity to where I work. My room is always ready when I arrive and I have always had a place to park. Gas stations are available across the street and around the corner. Anyone coming to North Hills to do work at VA Sepulveda ACC should really consider this hotel. Okay Trip Advisor, let's see if we can get this review posted! Cheers!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bruce B
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Plusses: This place appears to be in a good neighborhood at first glance (we have no way to know), which was important to us on our casual trip through CA. The guy who manned the desk at night was an outgoing and helpful guy. He was friendly & accomodating, and willing to show us a room before we decided. As others have said, the rooms are larger than your average hotel for this price, with high ceilings and wide floor space. Bathrooms are good, up to date, and furnature is a notch above average.

Minuses:
Also as others have mentioned, we also had a bug visitor; an earwig to be exact, who made his way across the bed. Also, much to my serious dissatisfaction, the night guy told us check out was 11, but that as a courtesy, it was automatically extended to noon. In the morning, I was lucky I called the front desk, because the morning guy insisted he could not extend it past 11:45 max. This felt like a potential bait and switch, in that perhaps we could be charged for another night. I'm not saying it was, but with travelers who don't know you, wouldn't you want to give the customer the benefit of the doubt? I couldn't belive the guy stuck to this new policy even when I told him I had been offered different by another employee. I didn't appreciate having to rush to get out, just in case we could have been charged more. Somebody needs some uniform customer service training here.
Also, the review about the breakfast being a plethora of berry-filled muffins, juice, etc (paraphrasing) is not even close. There was coffee (no decaf), juice, very small blueberry muffins, and 2 types of small, dry pastries, and THAT'S IT. I have seen 10 times the variety at Days Inns and Super 8 Hotels. The review praising the manager and the variety feels like it may be sprinkled with some slight nepotism to me.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Dew2u
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

It was ok but I will not rush back, better ones around and not so far out.
Poor breakfast and they were late opening up.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I am from South India.Me and my wife stayed at americas best value inn ,granada hills,los angeles for 4 nights. We were very impressed with the hotel and service..The rooms are bigger and very clean.The room was perfectly adequate with a nice shower/toilet room ,with lockable door. Special thanks to Sanjay who was at reception.He helped us in getting Universal studios discounted tickets and guided to other places.This hotel is worth for money. I booked from Hotel club and i got it for just $45 per night. I strongly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting LA.

Thanks
Srini

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

me and my friend stayed at americas best value inn ,granada hills,los angeles. for 5 nights. We were very impressed about their staff service and efficiency. All staff have been very helpful and friendly.The room was perfectly adequate with a nice shower/toilet room ,with lockable door.I was surprised by the facilities provided like oven,refrigerator television and wi-fi. Ambiance was very good,impressed by instant service. we had nice time at los angeles,stay at dis motel made ourselves very cheerful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends