See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 19, 2019

I like this place very much. Nice location. Good price. The room, bathroom, floor, towels, and linens were clean. No odor. The room was spacious enough for a family of four. Experienced and well-mannered people in the front desk and restaurant. The only limitation I found is that the restaurant for breakfast is small and limited choice for breakfast. Still, I will give five stars.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2018

wasn't the best and not like the picture but did the job. and included breakfast. smell was overpowering and lots of noise. would have chosen another place but this place was alright for what was paid

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2018

I mistakenly booked a Smoking Room( In Tenneesee it is ALL Non Smoking so I assumed it was in California. Not so! lol) The man at the desk worked with us and placed my husband and I in a Non Smoking given I am allergic to smoke. We stayed 7 days right in front of the pool. I was concerned the noise would be horrible right by the pool, but it wasn't. Occasionally we heard a few squeals but that was all.

The pool was CRYSTAL clear the entire week we were there! The room was cleaned EVERY day, the shower was HOT every day! They brought clean towels each day. Not the sofest, but they were clean and they brought plenty!

There was no microwave and the breakfast room was very tiny. The breakfast was minimal, so if you want a big breakfast this isn't the place for you. The Orange Juice was nasty, but the waffle was ok. No butter, but they did have hot syrup!

Other than those 3 small issues for the price it was a great place to stay. It was close to everything we were doing in downtown LA. For the price it was a great deal! We would stay there again if we ever came back!

Room tip: Nice clean pool, firm bed and hot showers
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Hollywood Inn Express South was the worst place I’ve ever stayed at the room was filthy and so was the restroom they do not clean it thoroughly they give you a parking pass, but if you plan on going out and getting back later at night there will be no parking we complained about this only because there were multiple cars without a parking permit and they didn’t help therefore we had to park down the street. I would not recommend this place to anyone, unless you would like to stay in a filthy room STAY AWAY!!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley J
Reviewed August 31, 2018

When I booked I couldn't have known how rough the area would be having been taken in by the Hollywood Inn name. It was ominous that our taxi driver even asked whatever made us stay in this area and warned not to venture out after dusk. Although value It's more suited to the very low budget traveller being basic and tired. The breakfast area was cramped and basic with most people left standing to eat and drink. It was however clean and did the job but you learn by your mistakes.

Date of stay: April 2018