“WORST HOTEL EVER!”

Ranked #163 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
West Hollywood, California
“WORST HOTEL EVER!”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I booked three rooms for entire family. I had to asked three times for towels until finally I went to front desk to DEMAND some towels and he told me he gave some towels to the other rooms (we were supposed to share). Also had to ask for an iron in which I received same response - not every room gets an iron! When I finally got the very thin cheap towels, some of them were literaly brown! The room had a stinky sewer smell and now I am afraid to sleep under the comforter....I would not here for even half the price of $40!!! UNBELIEVABLY POOR SERVICE! Also, half of the safety mechanism on the door is gone! I will pass on the breakfast as well!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MYSTICDEE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights. Upon check-in, the woman at the front desk told us she had no record of our reservation (which we booked through hotels.com). She told us we had to take it up with them, and did not offer any other assistance. We ended up having to call them in the lobby via Skype! We ended up sorting it out, but we thought service could have been a bit more helpful.

Our room was average. It could have been a bit cleaner, but the bed was clean and comfortable. There was a slightly bad smell in the room that we occasionally noticed. The towels were old and shabby and didn't dry your skin. Soap and combined shampoo/conditioner are in dispensers. As always in motels like this, bring thongs to wear in the shower as you can never be sure that the floor is 100% clean.

The location is also average. There are many Thai restaurants in the surrounding area and a dollar store and bakery across the street. There is also a bus stop right out the front. The #2 bus takes you up towards Hollywood Blvd (approx. 15 mins) or to Downtown LA (approx. 45 mins). A bit sketchy outside at night. I would recommend paying a bit more to stay at a better hotel - we would not stay here a second time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Anish P, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn - Hollywood / Los Angeles, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you for being our valued guest! We credit our success to providing good service and clean accommodations at affordable prices. We look forward to your next visit.
Anish Patel
Toledo
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Location is a filthy, not safe part of Hollywood. parking is ridiculous. The lot is so small and undersized they have you double and triple park which makes it impossible to get your car out. The front desk man had lunch on his shirt and the place is just gross. the room, although the cleaning lady was super nice, was nasty. The bathroom door had stains of something running down the door and although I checked the bed for bugs, I ended up getting bit. I brought along a door alarm which I used here because of the area and the rest of the guests that stayed here. Don't swim in the pool - small and dirty and who knows whats growing in there. I hate to bash a place but honestly, find someplace else. go up the road to a better part of hollywood.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 22, 2010

I came to Hollywood with my husband and children to this motel and was very pleased with my experience. The clerks, especially Anish, were very friendly, welcoming & helpful. They helped us find the local attractions and recommended a great restaurant for my family and me. The rooms were also extremely clean and presentable. I can't wait to come back to Hollywood and stay and this wonderful establishment again!

• Stayed December 2010
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 21, 2010

We arrived a little after 2 and was told not to come back until they were ready for us to check in. Once checkin in at 4 we noticed we got two crapy little pillow that we laughed at. my boy friend went and asked for more, once he finally decided to get out of the office and go to the room that was next door, he then takes the pillow back to the office and calls us to come get it when he was only next door and we were standing out the front of our room.
Getting the pillow from the office, we then relise we only got 1.... and it was just as bad as the others... This motel SUCKS... the area is ok and close but if you dont want thai or asian cuisine for food then you must drive to get out of the area. It's dirty, the pool may as well be a sess pit. This is were customers on hotel.ca and trip advisor should be stoked that they can read reviews cause it's bad ones like this that make me sure never to stay in a motel like this again..

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Riverside, California
Reviewed August 7, 2010

We were here only for one night sleep. The room was not so clean, other guests were not looks like very suspect.
The breakfast was one soft drink and one cookie. The staff was very rude with us, I dont know why.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Our room was small and needed a little maintenance.. quite worn.. Room clean and tidy.. Close to Hollywood and local restaurants were good.. Sign up direct with their website.. as an ABVI Club Member and get the best rate!!

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple