“Lovely ambience, overcooked fries”

Justice Urban Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Justice Urban Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #378 of 10,036 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Justice is your friendly Downtown Los Angeles gastropub without the Downtown Los Angeles prices. Our wines, beers, meats, and produce all come fresh from California breweries, wineries, and farms. Stop in for breakfast, lunch, happy hour, and dinner to enjoy a seasonal dish paired with craft beer.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Lovely ambience, overcooked fries”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We were HOT, having wandered round down town LA for ages trying to find a nice restaurant. We finished up outside a Starbucks (not to my taste!) and this California HIghway Patrolman pointed to this place.
They served iced tea, and kept filling up your glass.
He had seared fish, which was nice and tasty, I had a burger, because nothing else particularly appealed. As I said above, the fries were very well cooked, maybe twice over, but the jus with his fish was so good he asked for a bread bun, and got one freshly baked
Service was excellent, and the ambience was really quite good considering the restaurant is part of a Doubletree by Hilton hotel
Not particularly expensive, given that it is LA, and we don't eat Chinese, and him indoors declines to try Japanese, so our choice was restricted, but I wouldn't say don't go!

• Visited May 2014

Chicago, IL
“Great food, Lousy Service”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The food is great (assuming your server gets the order correct and on-time). A really nice variety of eating healthy or pigging out on pub food.

However, the staff was dismissive and did not pay attention to the easiest of details (like delivering your food without providing utensils or napkins, forgetting the lemon in the water, and forgetting entire entree orders) - this was my experience regardless of whether I was trying to get breakfast, lunch or dinner. The server at the bar, which was only half full, walked by me a half dozen times and completely ignored me during breakfast, so I wound up going to the Starbucks next door. On a side note, the food is fantastic when they finally bring it to you, but you better not be in a rush and you should definitely expect to be treated like a second-class citizen.

Visited June 2014
Dallas, Texas
“MOOYAH"S”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Go to MOOYAH's they have better burgers. I'm sad because I always look forward to my experiences out and about. This hotel does the bare minimum for it's guests.

Visited May 2014
Augusta, GA
“Good basic food with a little twist”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is a great restaurant for a Doubletree and downtown. We loved the breakfasts and enjoyed a dinner here too. The food is not overly complicated and affordable. Has a great atmosphere for couples or families. Service is excellent.

• Visited March 2014