“Amazing hotel, FANTASTIC service !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles

Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles
Ranked #90 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Toronto
“Amazing hotel, FANTASTIC service !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

From when we pulled up to the curb at the Ace to the minute we checked out, this hotel delivered! The valet attendants literally jumped into action when we pulled up at the curb. The staff goes out of their way to ensure you are well-taken care of. This hotel eludes coolness from the decor to the bar, the food and the staff. We had a small room which was definitely small but did the trick for us for one night. The bed was very comfortable and the wifi signal was strong. The rooftop has a fantastic view of the city and a great bar. We ate breakfast in the restaurant which served unique and fresh food. The food and coffee were fantastic. Prices in both the hotel and restaurant are reasonable.

I cannot say enough though about the service at Ace. Their entire staff impressed us throughout our stay and I would come back just for this kind of service. If I were to return to LA I would not hesitate to stay at Ace again and will certainly tell others about this place!

Room Tip: If you are there for more than one night, spring for a larger room just to have some extra space.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ace_DTLA, at Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles, responded to this review, August 11, 2015
Thanks so much! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed the service here. We hope that you visit again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked a stay-cation for valentines day weekend. Check in was at 3 PM, but since we live in LA we took our time and arrived around 4:30. When we checked in, the concierge informed us that our room was not ready but offered us a pair of drink tickets and suggested we wait at the bar and get drinks. Bar service was sub-par, no one was rude to us they just couldn't get it together and it felt like pulling teeth asking them for simple gestures.

We waited an hour before checking in on the room at the front desk, they kindly offered to upgrade us so we wouldn't have to wait anymore. The loft room was great, although it was very dark and there were no toiletries.

The house keeper woke us up at 9 am and room service came in three tiers this morning. All in all, I could've just stayed home and had my boyfriend do everything for me.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Clara I
Ace D, General Manager at Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Clara, I’m so sorry that your experience turned out this way! We did encounter plenty of additional issues that day with our first concert that day as well as Valentines, and it’s not fair that it affected your stay! Please contact me, I assure you that this is not how our service is expected to be! We’d love to have you back.
Jason
Jason.deibler@acehotel.com
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We & our toddler daughter stayed here for one night. We booked the medium room but after checked into our room, they offered to upgrade us to the loft room. Very sweet!
The hotel is situated in a old 20's building that for years was a run-down garment manufacturing workshop. Both my husband & I used to work downtown & came to building for business. As the bellman walked us into the elevator & hallway, the layout gave me a déjà-vu.
The hotel made great use of the building & downtown artsy sensibility: vintage industrial is the word that came into my mind. The deco might not for everyone but we love it. My daughter immediately asked if we "returned" to a new home.
The hotel has 2 bars that are the hippest spots to be in la right now. Hipsters formed line in front of the hotel as we were checking in. Bellman assured us the room was soundproofed & indeed it was very quiet in the room.
The area surrounding the hotel used to be very questionable in the night time but the street is now filled with art galleries & high end clothing boutiques. I forgot to bring diaper & had to go across street to the convenient store. Thanks to ace hotel, even the store has a new look & nice assortment of merchandise.
Next morning we had a lovely breakfast in the downstairs restaurant, great food & reasonably priced. Not at all like a hotel.

Stayed January 2014
Thanks so much for staying with us when we first opened, Minnie! We hope that you've had a chance to check us out again and if not, we look forward to welcoming you back soon. There's so much more to see and do not only here at Ace, but in the entire neighborhood. Cheers!
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the ACE hotel Jan 10-12,2014 We loved the attention that greeted us starting with the Bellman his knowledge of the hotel was fascinating. check in was painless and swift. our room was wonderful and all the attention to detail was delightful. a small hiccup with breakfast the next morning but was slightly expected as it was only the 2nd day of operation and all in all was just fine.The bar and wait staff remembered us the next night which we found amazing as the entire place was truly busy with the opening of your fabulous hotel. we are looking forward to our return trip and perhaps making this a tradition for a romantic getaway trip. The room we had had a balcony. Some fun items in the room; A turn table with a small variety of old LP,s, totally Cool! windows that opened a bit but better than nothing!!The ACE really put thought and reflection into their retro hotel. Fun, funky and outstanding staff. Plus how often do you get to say you were the first to stay in your hotel room? Awesome all in all.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $ and get a balcony it seemed worth it to us.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Leeann D
Thanks so much for staying with us when we first opened, Leeann!
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed here last weekend on a business trip on the recommendation of a friend. The whole experience was amazing. Check in was smooth and efficient. My room was absolutely amazing: comfortable bed, strong shower, good Wi-Fi signal and just enough fun and funky touches to make it unique. I was afraid that being in a corner room overlooking a roof-top mechanical area would be bit noisy, but I never heard anything before 9am. The bathrobe was pretty amazing too; one of the few times I legitimately considered buying one of those from a hotel!
Since the hotel had just opened up, the attached restaurant, LA Chapter, was only open for breakfast and lunch. I has breakfast three mornings in a row and it was great. It's a toss up between the Moroccan Scramble and the Buckwheat Waffle for my favorite dish. My server, Bubba, was great and remembered me each morning.
They have a rooftop bar, Upstairs, which afforded amazing views of downtown LA. Since I was a guest, I had access through the guest elevators. Otherwise, the wait to get to the top was pretty crazy. I heard the line on Saturday night went around the block. Only had one drink up there, but it was tasty and strong and reasonably priced for this kind of place. What was even better than the upstairs bar was sitting in the restaurant bar with a beer and watching the line build.
I would definitely stay here again. Even though they had just opened, it was a well-oiled machine. I've told colleagues and I'll say it here: if you're staying in Downtown LA, especially on business, get out of the big chain hotels and stay here. It's fun, unique and a good value.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank combibo
Thanks so much for staying with us way back when! We hope you can come back again soon!
melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Amazingly new hotel in the heart of Downtown LA.
We stayed 2 nights here, and as it was the first week of the hotel opening, it seems we were the first to stay in our room. We booked 2 rooms, and both were slightly different.

The moment you walk in the doors, you are greeted with super friendly staff, unlike the Ace hotel in London. They go beyond trying to make your stay a memorable one, and there is a great coffee stand in the lobby from the local Stump Town coffee.
the hotel is located just 2 blocks from the new Urban Outfitters store, and with Downtown LA, just about to boom, i would highly recommend this new hotel with a great old world feel, with the original building being restored.
Dont be scared to try out the best Taco stand in LA right next door in the car park! it took me 4 years to find the place again and couldn't believe it when stumbling upon it parking in the parking lot next door to the hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank quay5043
Thanks so very much, mate! Come back and see what's new!