“fantastic food in a simple and friendly setting”

Pailin Thai Cuisine
Ranked #449 of 10,091 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Sydney, Australia
“fantastic food in a simple and friendly setting”
Reviewed September 13, 2010

the restaurant is quite small, with simple decor, and it is pretty quiet. it does not have its own parking, so you need to park on hollywood boulevard, that can be challenging on saturday nights. I often park on western, south of hollywood blvd.
I keep returning to this place because I can't find other thai food I like as much. despite the small place the menu is impressively large. they provide large portions of excellent food at incredibly low prices. the peanut sauce that comes with the chicken satay is possibly the best on the planet. the papaya salad is excellent and they make one appetizer with fried crabs presented with a sweet sauce that is divine.
choo chee seafood is also excellent.
the owner waits the tables while his wife cooks. his young son helps with the tables. they are extremely friendly and even if the decor is really simple the overall atmosphere is pleasant. after few times the owner memorized our favorites and we did not even had to order. we went away for a year and he remembered us and our favorites when we came back. the restaurant does have a B rating, but I never heard of anyone having a problem with this food, and I also have been there many many times. I tried some others thai restaurant in the area, including Palms, but I think this has the best food.