“A Must Have for Korean shabu shabu”

Seoul Garden Restaurant
Ranked #839 of 10,036 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Korean
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Chicago, Illinois
“A Must Have for Korean shabu shabu”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This has become one of my necessary stops in LA over the years for their beef shabu shabu. The flavors are natural, fresh, and veggie. Not heavy, yet filling. It is among the best meals I've had for any cuisine.

This Korean version is distinct from Japanese style. The process takes some learning, but it is worth it:

1. Main Course: A large mound of shredded greens (cabbage, scallion, perilla leaves), a few slices of tofu and fishcake, with very thin slices of beef are cooked at your table in a boiling broth. You take portions and dip them in a soy-vinegary sauce.
2. Short Course: Udon noodles are cooked in the same broth. A server sets a small portion on your plate.
3. Final Course: White rice is placed into the same broth and stirred into a thick porridge. For me, the KEY is to have it with their small side dish of oyster-radish kimchi.

Like most Korean specialty houses, the servers do not explain things or go out of their way to serve. But don't be afraid to ask for refills or explanations.

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Miami, Florida
“Great Korean food”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The restaurant is right across the hotel I was staying at. The service was great and so is the food. If you like Korean food Seoul Garden is the place to eat.

Visited September 2013
Los Angeles
“Best Korean style shabu shabu”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I never had Shabu Shabu before so when I tried Korean Shabu Shabu @ JinSang, I thought it was delicious. That all changed when my friend introduced me to Seoul Garden. Being a ginormous pig, I loved the amount of food they give you.

The only reason I didn't give this place four stars is b/c I too had a lack of decent service when I went there for dinner one evening. What a huge difference it makes when you go during an off-peak time. I went more recently during the week around 2pm and had much better service. Either way, I'd go back over and over!

Visited February 2013
Mexico City
“Not the best Korean food, but okay”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

It's home-cooked type Korean food. It was good, but not exceptional. Service was reasonably quick. I've had much better Korean barbecue, though it was edible, but not particularly flavorful. My partner had a veggie dish and thought the best part was the rice that crisped onto the bottom of the pot.

Visited January 2013
Montreal, Canada
“An authentic experience”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This restaurant was right in front of our hotel and had good reviews, so we decided to try it out. When we opened the door, we were pleasantly surprised to see that every single person in the restaurant (except us) was Asian: you just know the place must be good and authentic. This initial thought turned out to be true. Other than the great food, we really had fun here (cooking the barbecue ourselves, trying all the different condiments). I would recommend this restaurant to anyone craving Korean food in LA!

Visited December 2012