“Best Korean style shabu shabu”

Seoul Garden Restaurant
Ranked #1,030 of 10,306 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Korean
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I never had Shabu Shabu before so when I tried Korean Shabu Shabu @ JinSang, I thought it was delicious. That all changed when my friend introduced me to Seoul Garden. Being a ginormous pig, I loved the amount of food they give you.

The only reason I didn't give this place four stars is b/c I too had a lack of decent service when I went there for dinner one evening. What a huge difference it makes when you go during an off-peak time. I went more recently during the week around 2pm and had much better service. Either way, I'd go back over and over!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

It's home-cooked type Korean food. It was good, but not exceptional. Service was reasonably quick. I've had much better Korean barbecue, though it was edible, but not particularly flavorful. My partner had a veggie dish and thought the best part was the rice that crisped onto the bottom of the pot.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This restaurant was right in front of our hotel and had good reviews, so we decided to try it out. When we opened the door, we were pleasantly surprised to see that every single person in the restaurant (except us) was Asian: you just know the place must be good and authentic. This initial thought turned out to be true. Other than the great food, we really had fun here (cooking the barbecue ourselves, trying all the different condiments). I would recommend this restaurant to anyone craving Korean food in LA!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We normally order the regular beef and the mool naengmyun and bibim naengmyun are phenomenal. My favorite is actually the gruel at the very end.

Reviewed March 27, 2009

I was craving some good Korean food. This restaurant was right next to my hotel (Clarion on Olympic Blvd.). The food is great. I had a bowl with rice, cucumbers, think beef strips, eggs, and other ingredients. It cost $11 and it totally filled me up. You get kimchi, seaweed, pickled veggies, and other extras just like in any authentic Korean restaurant. The service was fast, and the food came out quickly. Make sure you get here early. 30 minutes after I got here, the restaurant was packed to the limit. I was the only non-Asian customer in the whole restaurant, so you know it's a good place if the locals flock to it. Make sure you are adventurous and able to choose food on your own. I don't think the waitresses will be patient enough to explain the dishes when they are busy.
The barbecue is server raw and you cook it yourself. Each table has a little stove in the middle. Some meats get boiled in hot water, others ore grilled on a flat plate. One order of BBQ is enough for two people and it costs around $24. Go for it.