My friend & I, from the UK and road tripping across the USA, stayed at Orange Drive for 4 nights, inc. July 4th. Below are the positive and negative things about the hostel.
+ Location - incredible location. I had read that it was round the corner from the Hollywood Walk of Fame but had expected this 'corner' to be 10 minutes away. I was wrong, it's literally a minute walk to the end of the road then BAM, you see the Stars on the pavement, the Chinese theatre etc. on our first walk down there was also a film premiere going on here, which was a really cool thing to walk into !
+ Staff. Friendly and helpful staff across the board. Checked in by a nice chap who we also watched a couple of the World Cup games with. There was also a woman whom was always around in the morning to give a helping hand with the waffles (this was the free breakfast).
+ Parking. Although we had to pay $5 (I think) a day, I think you'd find it hard to find anywhere so cheap in such a great location.
- Bedbugs. After we left Orange Drive I had a lot of bite marks on my back.
- Noise. It can be pretty loud, the walls are thin so take earplugs. I also heard gunshots on two separate nights which was pretty crazy.
I would recommend it to everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Orange Drive Hostel has the absolute best location in Hollywood! Orange Drive Hostel is centrally located in the heart of Hollywood. We are walking distance from some of the most famous sites in Los Angeles, such as the world famous Chinese Theater, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the Dolby Theater- Home of the Oscars, the Hollywood Bowl, Sunset Blvd, Jimmy Kimmel Live Studio, Disney's El Capitan Theatre, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, views of the Hollywood sign, Runyon Canyon-a favorite hiking trail of celebrities, with fantastic views of the city and the Hollywood Sign. We are also just steps from public transportation, the best night life, shopping and restaurants in Hollywood. We are also located a short drive or bus/metro stop away from Universal Studios,Paramount Studios, Warner Brothers Studios, West Hollywood, and Beverly Hills! We are the perfect location for movie Premieres, star Dedications and major Hollywood events! We offer a variety of room types, including dorm rooms, private rooms, and group rooms. Amenities Include: Free daily breakfast of all-you-can-make waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, coffee, assorted teas and hot chocolate. Free WiFi, Free Lockers, Free day storage of luggage before check-in and after check-out, Parking available (limited parking, parking is first come, first served. Sorry, we cannot accommodate over-sized vehicles. ATM, Laundry facilities, Fully equipped guest kitchen Common room w/HD flat screen TV (no TV's in rooms), Discount Supershuttle, Primetime Shuttle service to/from airport, Universal Studios tickets for sale, Discounted pub crawl with LA Epic Club Crawl. Some History about Orange Drive Hostel: Orange Drive Hostel was originally a manor home built in 1910. It later became a boarding house for the stars of Hollywood's Golden Age, including Marilyn Monroe, Gary Cooper, Rita Hayworth, Kim Novak, Douglas Fairbanks Jr, Johnny Weismuller 'Tarzan, and' and many more. Orange Drive Hostel is a historic home filled with Hollywood history, and staying with us offers a unique opportunity to experience the Golden Age of Hollywood. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Rooms are not guaranteed ready until 3:00 PM Additional key deposit is required and is refundable upon checkout. Please contact hostel if travelling with children or more than two guests/extra charges may apply. Methods of payment accepted: Visa, AMEX, MasterCard, travelers checks, and cash. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Ctrip TA and Priceline so you can book your Orange Drive Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orange Drive Manor Hotel Los Angeles