“I would not go back”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Westside
Neighborhood: Westside
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I had dinner in this diner during a recent visit to UCLA. I love the Szechuan hot food and I cook some of it myself, using the excellent book by Fucsia Dunlop. So I went in hoping for the genuine hot Szechuan experience. I had a medium-hot soup and a mixed dish with shrimps, beef and chicken. Neither was high standard, in fact both were rather mediocre. Something in the main course tasted rather off too. Service was ok, although impersonal. Price was reasonable. Total, I would not go back.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The waiters are rushing even though there are only 3-4 clients in the restaurant. The waiters don't explain anything about the food. They ask, what options I want for my meal, but at the end bring something else that I didn't ask for. Also, I found a hair in my plate.
I wouldn't advise this place for any occasion.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were staying at the W hotel, and needed some place to eat quickly. While not the best chinese food we've had, it was very good. The service was fast, excellent and friendly - and at a modest price. We will definitely return.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have ordered here twice. The delivery is very fast. The portion are large. The food is pretty much what I am used to in Chinese Food so hard to describe. It hits the spot.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

My colleagues and I eat here almost on a weekly basis. They have very inexpensive lunch specials ($6-$8) that come with soup, rice, lettuce, a small egg roll and the entrée. They also have a full selection of entrées with larger portions (almost enough for two to share). The service is really fast and the staff is friendly. This is a great place for good quality, basic Chinese food.