“Dingy place....Great food”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

I have been coming since I can remember. The place has not changed at all. The food is great. The service not so great when the place is packed. You know the food is good when you see fat cops and a plethora of Mexican families chowing down. The place may look like a dirty clinic but the food is phenomenal.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

The food is amazing. The restaurant is older but the staff are extremely friendly. They explained what the dishes were and had very fair prices for the portion sizes.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Won Kok doesn't really have a lot of good dishes, but it has the best five spice Chinese beef stew in Chinatown. This dish is one of my favorites and Won Kok's is up there on top...in LA or in SF Chinatown restaurants.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

I've been going here for years now. It has the best chicken bun (chicken siopao) and mongo sesame!!!!!! I also love the house special/hongkong special crispy chow mien and ginger beef!!!! I surely keep coming!!!!

Reviewed August 29, 2010

I have to say the restaurant does not look like much. An old run down small crowded place. BUT the food I had was very good. I ordered the Beefsteak with Chinese Broccoli. The serving was huge; I couldn't eat all of it. The vegetables were almost perfect. ( I like them a little more tender). The meat was extremely tender. I was expecting something with oyster sauce, but was not disappointed. This had a very lightly flavored sauce. I also had an order of fried wontons which were beautifully crispy and very flavorful. Interestingly they were served with a small bowl of ketchup and Chinese hot mustard.

I noticed that the food that others (mostly Asians) ordered looked equally beautiful and were all giant sized. I would definitely go back.

1  Thank JosephC8