“Good Pie and Nice Atmosphere”
Review of Brite Spot

Brite Spot
Ranked #3,628 of 10,299 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

My family and I visited LA during the Thanksgiving holiday and just stumbled upon this diner while visiting Echo Park. Since it was Thanksgiving, my husband and I wanted to find some pie but did not expect to find it here. We saw this place and thought we would just grab a couple of coffees but were surprised to find that it was not a typical diner. We weren't looking to eat a real meal, but we did look at the menu and were impressed by what kinds of foods they serve.

We found a case full of all different pies and chose the a Salted Honey pie. We had never tasted anything like it but we enjoyed it with our coffees. Next time we are in LA again, we would like to go again and order some real food.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

If you're out late and vegan like myself, this is a decent choice as they have a number of options for vegans.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

From the outside this place looks like your typical low end diner. We were pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere both indoors and outdoors which made us feel happier with the decision to try out this spot. Looking at the menu the items were a bit on the pricier side but sounded delicious. I ordered the french toast with a side of turkey sausage and my boyfriend ordered the corned beef hash. Let's start off with my dish since that wasn't quite as bad. The turkey sausage was actually really tasty so yay for that. The french toast was underwhelming and just not that great. So mediocre but edible. Now for the corned beef hash.

Well, first off I asked our server if the corned beef was shredded or in chunks in which she stated shredded. It was not. It was in thin strips which made it difficult to eat. Overall this dish was a disaster. There was about a quarter of an inch of oil at the bottom of the skillet it was served in and everything was glistening in the grease. These strips of corned beef were packed with fat which was disgusting. There was very little flavor and the egg was so underdone the whites were much runnier than they should have been. It made me sad to watch my boyfriend pick at his food the way he was. He is not one to complain but he couldn't eat anymore of it he was so repulsed so the server brought him a different dish...the classic benedict. Although this dish wasn't bad the eggs were overdone (yolks were totally cooked through) and come on...if you have a breakfast joint the chef/cook should be able to cook a proper egg!

I had a vanilla latte which was NOT worth the $5 I paid for it...overall this place was gross and we will not be returning.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I"ve eaten at this place several times. They serve breakfast all day. The pancakes are great and the hangover is excellent. They also have good lunch and dinner entrees. I enjoyed the fish and chips. The atmosphere is what you would expect from a well established (some would say iconic) restaurant on Hollywood's Sunset Strip. The service is good as well.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was brought here by some vegan friends who bring people here because there is something for everyone. I enjoy their breakfast foods. This is a good choice, not sure I can say great. It looks like a hole in the wall diner, but the food is fine and there is a parking lot. I did have one vegan friend eat here who said although they have vegan options, they are not 100% organic here. He felt the food was greasy and upset his stomach.