“Quality Chinese food - I promise!”
Review of Best Tomys - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Chinese, Mexican
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Reviewed October 24, 2008

My fiance and I just moved to Los Angeles from Tallahassee, FL. Let me tell you, Tallahassee was a wasteland when it came to food, not to mention Chinese food. We tried three different Chinese restaurants there, and all had unsatisfactory mystery meat. We moved to LA 7 weeks ago and saw a flyer at a friend's house for Kung Pao Kitty. We liked what we saw (except for the somewhat higher prices, but I guess that's what will happen in Hollywood). So we called for delivery, and though the flyer said they would deliver up to 3 miles away, over the phone they said 2 was their max. So this is why I'm dropping their rating from "Excellent" to "Above average." We placed our order, picked it up, and felt like kings when we finally sat down to eat. I ordered the broccoli side with tofu, and it was delicious. Also, the meat was wonderful. No rats and knuckles, just quality white chicken. I also read that they have weekday lunch specials. Thumbs-up for this place.

2  Thank Elle_Glamour

Reviewed August 18, 2008

I love the food here. The orange peel chicken is my all time favorite and I come here for lunch or dinner every time I am in the area. Soooo good.

2  Thank FREEquentFlyerJake
Coast to Coast I am Transient
Reviewed August 3, 2008

their lunch specials are good. other than that, they are overpriced for dinner; the food isn't very good, the service is mediocre at best. kind of lame.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 27, 2008

I haven't found amazing Chinese yet in LA-but do love this place- it's inexpensive and good.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 28, 2008

YAY!! SOOOO GOOD! Great cream cheese wontons. good happy hour. large portions!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook