“The Very Best”

Neighborhood: North San Fernando Valley
A TripAdvisor Member
Simi Valley, CA
Reviewed October 13, 2005

As a kid I grew up with Momma Lucia's Deli in Granada Hills. When they went out of business I thought that was it for good deli in the valley. Then, God looked down and moved San Carlo Deli into the Mason Plaza. Although I would go there just because Giovanni, GianFranco, Isabella, and Pasquale are the greatest people in the world, I am delighted that when I do go (and that is as often as possible) the food is Bellisima! The Ponsarote (sp?), pasta, pizza, you name it is all fantastico. The mortadella is the real thing, not the cheap bologna you get at the other places. The bread is fresh, the food authentic and the smiles are free. I love Cavaretta's too, but San Carlo is the best of the best when it comes to Italian Deli. I use them for business and always get rave reviews. A sure 10 - Plan on waiting 10-15 minutes when you go - not because they are slow, because they are always so busy. Kisses to Lucy and all the others who bring me happiness in the form of a San Carlo Special!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member