“30 Years - that's how long I've been dining at Casita!”
Review of Casita Del Campo

Casita Del Campo
Ranked #1,242 of 11,979 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed June 4, 2016

Yes, I first came here for dinner in 1986 and I continue to make the drive from Culver City to Silver Lake to eat at Casita del Campo. The food, truthfully, may not be the best Mexican food in Los Angeles. But the combination of the staff, the food and the ambiance are together a winner. On Saturday and Sunday there is a set brunch price of $17.95 which includes one cocktail (Bloody Mary, Margarita, or Mimosa) and a selection of items from a brunch menu (not the serve yourself brunch here). Today I enjoyed the Carnitas plate and my dining companion had the chicken enchiladas.

The dinners are also good - my favorite entree for dinner are the Enchiladas Suisas. There are usually a la carte items on the menu for dinner - if you don't feel like ordering a full meal.

For lunch, you self park in their private lot - for dinner, they have valet service. They also have free WiFi. On the weekends, there is often a show in the basement and the place can get pretty busy. Being in Silver Lake, it attracts an eclectic and bohemian crowd - but everyone gets along just fine. The waiters are very helpful and friendly, too.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank GareThere

Reviewed April 1, 2016

I'm not sure if it was just because we came at a busy time but our meal here was all a bit of a let-down. Had to wait an absolute age for our orders to be taken then even longer for the food to arrive. When our mains did arrive my veggie enchilada with green tomatillo sauce looked positively sorry for itself and like it had been left on the hotplate. When I asked for a portion of jalapenos to liven things up a bit the waiter looked like I'd asked for a powdered unicorn horn, eventually bringing a bowl of chopped, FRESH jalapenos which, while nice enough, isn't really what you expect or want to accompany a dish. Drinks were also overly expensive and it was a good job we asked how much the pitchers of margarita were before ordering as $72 is simply absurd. To conclude, this is undeniably a fun restaurant and the décor is more than convivial. If only the food matched the atmosphere and surroundings Casita Del Campo would be a wonderful restaurant; as it stands it is very overpriced for the singularly mediocre food on offer.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed March 5, 2016 via mobile

This place is so busy it is amazing that it all ticks over like clockwork. Average menu but great service and a fantastic atmosphere. Check out the theatre downstairs ...!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed December 9, 2015

Okay people! I have been part of a Hispanic family for 20 years. They have never shared this amazing secret of sweet corn tamales with me.
Skip dessert and order this!

The enchiladas, daily soup and salsa was delicious.

This is restaurant is very gay friendly and offers an atmosphere that is fun and different from anything I have seen in Texas. The show in the basement was fantastic. Jackie Beat and Devine Green made us laugh all night long.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed November 28, 2015

If you like to have booze in the middle of afternoon, this may be the good spot. I see cocktails were served @almost all tables. And some customers were enjoying at least several shots before actually ordering foods or no foods which is nothing wrong at all though.
If wanting to enjoy Mexican foods, then you should skip it. Ordered carnitas plate. What we saw on plate is chunk of dry pork (not shredded - see picture) with no flavor. Watery salad is served on super refrigerated plate with super refrigerated folk (too cold to handle it). Salsa came with very soupy with no texture chunks of tomato or onions...
Setting is pretty, but slow service with boring foods and of course, pricy. The first and last visit for sure.

Date of visit: November 2015