“I'm torn a bit about Le Sanglier”
Review of Le Sanglier

Le Sanglier
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Sanglier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,904 of 10,307 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Cross street: Ventura Blvd
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Four of us dined last Sunday night at Le Sanglier and it was, in many ways, exactly as the reviews described it. Traditional - French - Paris in the Valley - Wonderful Food - Refined - etc. All of these comments are spot on. Where the restaurant failed for us was perhaps the dark side of "Paris in the Valley." Sabina is a California girl and orders in a "California way;" one of the things that she does not like is butter. Ordering food without butter is never a problem in LA but it was apparently a problem on Sunday night in Tarzana. When she asked if the mushrooms could be prepared without butter, the waiter (who appeared to also be the owner), said "that's disgusting" in a exceedingly condescending and, what I could only describe, as "Parisian" way. Needless to say, the comment was beyond rude and, while he never did appear back at our table, it generally clouded the rest of the service. So, to sum up, the food is very good (I had an endive salad, the wild boar chops, and a grand marnier soufflé) but I'll bet we are not the first diners to experience service that can bite you in the derriere.

1  Thank Mark J

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is our favorite "go-to" restaurant. Amazing service, fabulous food, fantastic wine and wonderful monthly wine dinners. The Souffle is made to order and there are always new surprises on the menu. There is a lovely outdoor patio in front so you can bring your favorite doggie . What more can you ask for? wonderful French food and wine on a warm summer evening with man's best friend by your side.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Le Sanglier is a French restaurant in Tarzana, California, where the quality of the cuisine surpasses that of many Parisian restaurants I have visited. A small restaurant, Le Sanglier's ambiance is intimate, the service impeccable and the beautiful dinner plates complete the overall refined aspect of the place. The mushroom soup was to die for and the pork tenderloin accompanied with tender and tasty carrots and green beans, were cooked to perfection. The delicacy of the dishes attest to the care and the expertise the chef.

. It is definitely a place to go on a special occasion, as I did on my birthday. No wonder it's been around for over forty years, in spite of all economic crises since! If you want to finish up with a delectable dessert, ask for the tarte tatin a la mode. Le Sanglier in Tarzana is the best that French cuisine can offer

1  Thank Luciana96
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Cute French restaurant thats been around since the early 1970's, so obviously they are doing something right! The boulibasse was the best I've had in years, the Cherries Jubilee was great & my husband's souffle was terrific. The tomato salad was good, but I feel the tomatoes couldve been a little more ripe & my husband's sole menuiere was a little overcooked. BUT, I would definately go back. They had a very nice menu, & the ambiance was reminicent of the old school French restaurants that were prevelant & are now hard to find.

1  Thank lorrie56
Reviewed August 27, 2012

From the moment you arrive at Le Sanglier you feel like you are on vacation. The restaurant is very elegant and calm and relaxing at the same time. My husband and myself had the Groupon 4 course meal. The selections were limited but they offered what we liked. The Coq au Vin was rich and tender and the Beet, Beans, and Cheese appetizer interesting and favorful. The service was attentive yet they did not hover. We will definately come again for a special occasion.