“5-star food, service, and atmosphere”
Review of Le Sanglier

Le Sanglier
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Sanglier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,605 of 9,979 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Cross street: Ventura Blvd
Pacific Northwest
“5-star food, service, and atmosphere”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

My wife and I went with her father to Le Sanglier in August 2011, and thoroughly enjoyed it. This was only the second time I've eaten there, and my father-in-law picked up the tab both times, so I don't know exactly what the cost was. It is "upscale" but I think it is very reasonably so. The atmosphere, the service, and, of course, the cuisine are all outstanding. We all had the same thing -- a fish dish on a "specials of the day" menu -- but, unfortunately, neither my wife or I (one month later now) can remember what it was. But trust me, it was fabulous! Next time I go there I'm going to have the wild boar (http://www.lesanglierrestaurant.com/menu/). If you've had it, post a comment to let me know how it is!

• Visited August 2011

Los Angeles, California
“Just o.k.”
Reviewed October 3, 2009

I see that the last review is dated 2006 and maybe the food was better then and the decor not quite as dated. IMO, this place is due for a redo in both the atmosphere and its chef. The decor is 1980s with too many mirrors and fake flower arrangements. My escargot were pretty tasteless and the filet was needlessly covered in brown sauce. Husband enjoyed his foei grass and Chilean Seabass in a somewhat sweet sauce. I found the soufle too sweet. I understand that dessert is inherently sweet but this was its only discernable taste. It is merely an o.k. place.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Best French Food in LA”
Reviewed January 17, 2006

This restaurant serves delicious food. The atmosphere is wonderful. The food is worth every penny.