“Lots of Everything”

Sushi A Go Go
Ranked #35 of 9,944 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Japanese, International
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Description: Established in 1934, when a dozen local farmers parked their trucks on an open field (once a dairy farm) to sell fresh produce to local residents, the Market has remained true to its roots ever since. With nearly 100 dining, shopping and grocery opportunities, Farmers Market has something for everyone. More than seventy-five years later the Farmers Market remains the one stop shop for every visitor’s needs.
Ellijay, Georgia
“Lots of Everything”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Sensory Overload at it's best..... I could spent hours wandering the stalls and sampling the items.... Lots of places to eat, also.

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
“Charlie's Coffee Shop, Farmers' Market, L.A.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

As a longtime customer of Charlie's Coffee Shop at Farmers' Market, Los Angeles, I have always been a fan of the food. I have to confess that above and beyond Charlie's cuisine, the reason I keep coming back is for the "service with a smile" provided by the charming red-haired girl that seemingly runs the show. This sweet-natured young lady (with braids and tattoos) always makes my day. She is a model of politeness and courtesy, and never fails to be helpful when I'm trying to make my mind up on an order. For my money (food aside), this girl makes the Charlie's experience truly pleasurable.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank GeorgyLA
auckland
“An oasis in the middle of our tour!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were taken here for lunch on our Day in LA tour with the rasta bus (also good) - what a great way to dine! Huge selection, lots of seating, great variety. We had lunch, an ice cream and got some yum chocolates to take away. Only reason I haven't given a 5 is that I had a sandwich (ham cheese lettuce, nothing fancy) and it was over $11 after tax which was exorbitant! Yes the ham was freshly cut off the bone for me but still...

• Visited May 2013
Vaasa, Finland
“A food lovers paradise”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We decided to go and see the shops of the Grove an check out the Farmer's Market that is right next to it one evening while in LA. I have never seen as much food in one place. There was everything you could imagine, hand made chocolate and fudge, sushi, The Gumbo Pot, Brazilian BBQ, fish and chips, pizza and pasta, all neatly side by side. The hardest part is to choose what you want to eat while your walking around seeing one delicious thing after another while surrounded by the most delicious smell of foods. We opted for some fish and chips and grabbed some fresh cherries to go from the veggie and fruit stands. Definitely recommended!

• Visited May 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“A unique place”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Some reviewers seem concerned that it is not a real farmers' market anymore and others that it is too touristy but I am with the majority who like it. To me it is a wonderful contrast to the sophisticated Grove and a place where I would much prefer to eat and spend time. My Australian home city, Melbourne, has a market culture and like its markets, this market is bustling, busy and offers top food to buy and eat. We ate at the French Bistro but this market is the sort of place where you could go back many times and always have something different. Well worth a visit and a meal.

Visited May 2013