I arrived for check in 2 hours early (check in is at 3pm) and I was lucky enough my room was ready as I'd been travelling for over 20 hours and was desperate for sleep.
The staff was very friendly at reception and I noticed this throughout my stay consistently with all customers. I had my keys in under 5 minutes, the elevator was broken but I didn't mind, I was only on level 2.
I stayed in room 201 which faces Yucca street. The room is a perfect size for 2 people. There is a small fridge so you can stock up if you need and a 7/11 is located across the road. The bed is extremely comfortable. I went for a 'nap' and woke up 7 hours later, but on my first night I woke up every 2 hours and couldn't sleep from 5:30am. I blame the jet lag!
There is air conditioning in the room, I found I kept getting either too hot or too cold. The room is constantly warm. There's also a ceiling fan with lights.
The walls are quite thin so any movement or conversation throughout the hallways can be heard, but that didn't bother me too much. I only stayed for 2 nights but if you're staying longer perhaps request a quieter room.
Hollywood Boulevard is only a block away which I did walk on my own at night, after reading now I probably shouldn't have done so and was stopped 5 times on my first night. But everyone was just really friendly and seemed they only wanted a chat.
I loved that the room had wifi which worked quite well and there is a small selection of free breakfast in reception from 8am with fruit, bagels, bars, tea coffee etc. my friend and I would always grab something to go.
I would highly recommend The Hotel Hollywood if you are looking for nice low budget accommodation in a great location in Hollywood.
Tip- I caught the Prime time shuttle bus from LAX which also saved me some coin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Hollywood is an historic boutique hotel located in the heart of Hollywood, "as close as you can get" to all the action and glamour of the world’s most visited city. The hotel is situated just one block north of the famed Hollywood Boulevard. Centrally located to everything Hollywood has to offer; The Hollywood Bowl, Mann's Chinese Theater, Walk of Fame, Kodak Theatre, Pantages Theatre, Movie Star Homes and much more are all just steps away, making The Hotel Hollywood the most accessible of all the Hollywood, CA, hotels. You can even hop on the Metro Red Line, the city's subway that links Hollywood to Universal Studios and the Greater Los Angeles Area, making your stay that much more convenient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Hotel Hollywood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Westside Rentals Hollywood
- Westside Rentals Hollywood Los Angeles