Arrived for a 3 night stay in August as part of our US Tour.
On arrival the man in reception greeted us and was really friendly.
Our room was on the ground floor next to the managers office. I was REALLY disappointed.
I did not expect much for the price but it looked so basic.
In the room was a bed, a TV, fridge, microwave, some plastic cups, only 1 bedside cabinet and no wardrobe just a rack on the wall for you to hang clothes on.
No coffee maker...nothing else
The one positive thing i will say it was very clean indeed oh and the air con worked well.
I felt very nervous - the area looks a little shady and there were some people hanging around when we arrived who took a great deal of notice of us. The window wasnt actually locked and our room looked into an alley way - I felt very vulnerable. Went back to reception to see if we could move and was told no (seems they were full) but I was given assurances that the alley gate is locked and that it is safe. Too tired at that stage to do anything else.
We decided to make the best of it as at least it was clean and wanted to have a shower and get ready to go out.
There was no iron or ironing board so my husband went to reception and we were provided with an Iron and the funniest little ironing board I have ever seen - it was teeny. The sort of thing you perhaps add to an existing ironing board to do shirt sleeves! I will add some photos and this will show how funny it was.
The shower was rubbish - very poor pressure but again we managed.
We found the hotel to be conveniently located. A 5-10 minute walk from the underground at Hollywood/Highland. We used this to get around to Chinatown and to Universal Studios which we enjoyed. Lots of places to eat for all budgets near by and some really interesting shops, bars, tattoo parlours etc on the walk of fame which starts a few minutes away.
If you dont have a car then you will be fine here - we didnt as only here for a few days.
Breakfast was fine actually. The breakfast area is situated in the same place as reception and it is TINY! no room at all. In the end because our room was close by I nipped in and grabbed what we needed and ate on the room, on the funny ironing board which was on the bed...because there was no where else to put it ha!
We were really laughing at this point and starting to enjoy the slightly quirky nature of this place.
Breakfast was coffee, juice, cereal bars and very nice bagels - enough to get us going and I was happy with it.
Free internet use in the hallway - 2PCs but no printer.
On our last day I needed to book transport to airport. I used the free internet to book supershuttle and emailed the voucher to the hotel and the man in reception (im sorry I didnt catch his name!) printed them off.
He is fantastic, very friendly and will do anything to help you!!
So - ok I do prefer a little more luxury and didnt do my research before I booked BUT - its cheap, clean, staff are nice and its convenient - cannot find fault with that.
The area does not look great but actually we had no issues at all and we were safe!!! The doors are all well locked so nothing to worry about.
Would I stay there again - hmmm actually i am not sure - it was fun in a way
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Hollywood is an historic boutique hotel located in the heart of Hollywood, "as close as you can get" to all the action and glamour of the world’s most visited city. The hotel is situated just one block north of the famed Hollywood Boulevard. Centrally located to everything Hollywood has to offer; The Hollywood Bowl, Mann's Chinese Theater, Walk of Fame, Kodak Theatre, Pantages Theatre, Movie Star Homes and much more are all just steps away, making The Hotel Hollywood the most accessible of all the Hollywood, CA, hotels. You can even hop on the Metro Red Line, the city's subway that links Hollywood to Universal Studios and the Greater Los Angeles Area, making your stay that much more convenient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Hotel Hollywood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Westside Rentals Hollywood
- Westside Rentals Hollywood Los Angeles