After staying at Travelodge Las Vegas and Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim (both of which were very good value for the money) this hotel was very disappointing. The manager was kind enough to give us a ground level room upon request otherwise we would have had to carry our luggage (we had an infant along) all the way up to the 3rd floor as this hotel had no elevator. The room was TINY. The bed was very Uncomfortable. The TV was mounted at a very odd angle and you had to strain your neck to be able to watch it. The housekeeping was the worst. I stayed there for 3 nights and during that the room was cleaned twice. Once the housekeeping staff threw away packaging stuff and shopping bags which we didn't want thrown. The breakfast does'nt deserve a mention. There was only juice and fruits. No toast, No eggs, No cakes or muffins except some measly rock hard bagels. One major plus point of this hotel is its very near to Hollywood / Vine Metro station and walking distance to attractions like Hollywood Walk of Fame, Madam Tassauds, Dolby Theatre, Hollywood Wax Museum, Ripley's Believe it or not and if you wanna go to Universal Studios just take the metro from Hollywood / Vine to the Universal City Station.
Anyways the hotel manager was very polite, courteous and even printed out maps when i asked for directions so id give him that. I read on Tripadvisor that some people paid 30-40 dollars for this hotel. I paid 90 dollars per night so for me it was not value for money and i feel i could have gotten a better hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Hollywood is an historic boutique hotel located in the heart of Hollywood, "as close as you can get" to all the action and glamour of the world’s most visited city. The hotel is situated just one block north of the famed Hollywood Boulevard. Centrally located to everything Hollywood has to offer; The Hollywood Bowl, Mann's Chinese Theater, Walk of Fame, Kodak Theatre, Pantages Theatre, Movie Star Homes and much more are all just steps away, making The Hotel Hollywood the most accessible of all the Hollywood, CA, hotels. You can even hop on the Metro Red Line, the city's subway that links Hollywood to Universal Studios and the Greater Los Angeles Area, making your stay that much more convenient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Hotel Hollywood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Westside Rentals Hollywood
- Westside Rentals Hollywood Los Angeles