We came here upon arrival in the USA and were very glad for the comfortable bed. The queen sized mattress was fine for my me, my wife and our toddler. The wireless internet connection was pretty good in the room and I was able to plug in my computer via ethernet. The room itself was not very big, but adequate. We appreciated having a microwave in the room and the drawers were spacious. There was no view to speak of, but we weren't there for that anyway. Free breakfast was a nice touch, even if it's not very exciting. It is served in the reception area.
The location was really good - it's a short walk to Hollywood Boulevard and it doesn't take all that long to get to the main part e.g. the area around Kodak Theater. Hollywood/Vine station is around 500 metres away. We ended up going there quite a lot. There are also buses along Hollywood Blvd. We went to Santa Monica that way. If you need to go to West Hollywood (I had a night out at the Whisky A Go Go), you can get a bus on Sunset Boulevard, or apparently a taxi might cost $50
All in all I would recommend it to people who don't want to spend too much, but want a comfortable stay. We tried to book there again on our return to LA, but it was booked out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Hollywood is an historic boutique hotel located in the heart of Hollywood, "as close as you can get" to all the action and glamour of the world’s most visited city. The hotel is situated just one block north of the famed Hollywood Boulevard. Centrally located to everything Hollywood has to offer; The Hollywood Bowl, Mann's Chinese Theater, Walk of Fame, Kodak Theatre, Pantages Theatre, Movie Star Homes and much more are all just steps away, making The Hotel Hollywood the most accessible of all the Hollywood, CA, hotels. You can even hop on the Metro Red Line, the city's subway that links Hollywood to Universal Studios and the Greater Los Angeles Area, making your stay that much more convenient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Hotel Hollywood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Westside Rentals Hollywood
- Westside Rentals Hollywood Los Angeles