“Perfect, beachfront location! Small, quiet and clean and close to everything!!”

Venice On The Beach Hotel
Ranked #60 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 23, 2010

I stayed at VOTBH for the first time in mid March 2010. My visit truly exceeded my expectations. Greg who runs this small, newly renovated hotel was a pleasure to deal with. The rooms are small, but emaculate with many new appointments. I slept with the window open, enjoying the sounds and breezes off the ocean and the sea gulls. The hotel has free parking (in contrast to Hotel Erwin down the Boardwalk which charges $30/day). There is free internet, coffee and snacks in the common area and a lovely patio right on the Venice Boardwalk as well as 3rd floor rooftop deck. I did not spend a lot of time at the hotel, but it was so nice to come home at night to a clean, beautiful and quiet room at the end of a busy day of sightseeing! Definitely will recommend!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Turkish first
San Jose, Ca
Reviewed March 5, 2010

This was our 3rd stay at VOTBH..it wa smy birthday and it was 4 days of rest, and relaxation. As always the room was clean and comfortable with an ocean view. It rained a little but not enough to hamper our activities. We flew in from San Jose. We did not rent a car..was not into any other sightseeing. Once at the beach, we did not want to go elsewhere.
We took several walks and relaxed reading and watching the olympics and movies on HBO and showtime.
We had a great dinner at C&O Trattoria, a freindly casual Italian restaurant. Coffee at the Cow's end is a must. They also have excellent breakfast bagel sandwiches for $5..and othe muffins etc. They also have sandwiches, salads.
We walked along the canals, oceans and side streets. Took one wlak to the crazier end of the Venice Beach where you can see all types of people.
Beautifaul sunsets, sounds of waves and conversations of people passing by. Long hot showers and a friendly movtivated Host aka Greg! He greets all the guests with a welcoming and informational conversation.
This is a low key and comfortable lodging, nothing fancy but the location is the best!
There are a few shops to do some t shirt shopping, wine and food buying.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
Reviewed March 5, 2010

Manager is only available, according to his phone message, from 8am to 6pm. So outside these hours -- you're on your own. When we got there 8 pm on our check-in day, front door was locked and no one answered. We had to call and wait 20 minutes for anyone to let us in. I was willing to forget this, but on our last night parking lot was full, and no one around to suggest an alternative. Despite repeated calls, no answer or suggestion.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
goldenchild07, General Manager at Venice On The Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2010
Hello Guest,

In my attempt to do all I can do, there are times even the best you can do not satisfy your public. Although I do keep hours, my hours are from 7:00 am in the morning until 11:00 pm when I finish up with the continental breakfast for the morning. All time inbeween is spent @ the Hotel or on Hotel related issues but I am mainly @ the hotel, which is my focus and goal and these hours are never discussed or given out, as this is to confining of a system by which to run such a great Hotel.
Although you had made a reservation though one of my many e-partners that I use you, you happen to have chosen Expedia who are great in their own right but they do not give me any guest contact information. i.e. no check in times or any other needs or wants of my guest.
Although I attempt to be at the Hotel as often as possible, my schedule does not allow for my presence there 24 hours a day. You choose my Hotel for it's obvious value and reviews, this however comes with restrictions. In my best effort to keep cost down I do virtually do every aspect of running my great Hotel (pls. see reviews) and make every effort to meet and exceed guest need, without exceptions. If you were deceived by any presentation that I made in my Hotels operation or advertising please allow me to address your concerns, however my Hotel phone does not give out my hours as I do not let person know when and where I may or may not be. I am service orientated and will remain as such. I can not remember any glitches of arrivals that occurred in the last week or so and I find that to have resolution it is proper to bring matters of attention to the proper managers so resolution can be achieved. Obviously this matter was important ? but not to important to the point so much that it would or should be not be addressed and resolved ?

Thank You for choosing my Hotel and I an sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
Respectfully
Greg / General Manager
canada
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Can't recommend this place enough.

Must be the best location in Venice. Right on the boardwalk. Steps to the Venice Pier. Rooms are clean and simple with big screens. Rates are great.

Greg is friendly, delightful and helpful. He made the stay even better.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2010

I am a writer that wanted to get away for a holiday and do a little writing. This hotel was exactly what I was looking for. It is very simple, with a clean room, large tv, great bed, nice bathroom, free high-speed internet, and little writing desk (and microwave and fridge). And, the location could not be better. A very reasonable price with a great owner and friendly staff. I love this hotel! I have stayed in many hotel (for work and pleasure), and this is my favorite!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 23, 2010

For a sightseeing vacation of L.A. area, you can't miss with this hotel. It's right on the beach and just around the corner from several great restaurants and bars. It doesn't offer much in way of services or extras but when your purpose is to enjoy the sights, it's not likely you'll be spending much time in the room anyway. There was coffee, juice and sweets for breakfast as well as internet access. The rooms were average in size, comfortable with flat screen TV and kitchen with small fridge.

There's only a few parking spots behind the hotel but we were fortunate not having any difficulty getting one. We were told, however, that there was free parking available a few blocks away.

We selected the cheaper rooms to the back. The only noises we heard were the garbage and delivery trucks. Of course, the hotel can't be held responsible for this.

There's also a patio right along the main walking path or on the roof to sit and have drinks while watching people go by or just looking out over the beach.

I loved Venice Beach and will definitely go back! Riding a tandem bike along the beach was great fun! It's also not far from Santa Monica pier to take in the amusement park or do some shopping on 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
vancouver
Reviewed February 23, 2010

Just spent 2 nights at the Venice on the Beach Hotel and really enjoyed it.

AMAZING location
GREAT service
CUTE oceanview room
TRUELY a good value for the price

I would and will go back again soon!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
#3 of 11 in Marina del Rey
Cadillac Hotel
Cadillac Hotel
#247 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Venice On The Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!