“Good Location and reasonably priced”

Rodeway Inn Hollywood
Ranked #209 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Location and reasonably priced”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The location of the inn is pretty good. juz a distance from the bustling hollywood. The room is nothing to rave about just pretty decent. If you have very heavy luggage and not backpack do note that they DO NOT have life..we actually dragged our luggages up the stairs to level 2..though its level 2 its bad enough haha.. there is free parking and breakfast are normal donuts and crossiant top with fruits and coffee/tea.

Do note that the place is not really safe at night for a single lady coz me and my frd met a few weirdos..druggies too..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank seira0328

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I searched and searched for a reasonably priced hotel and Rodeway in turned out to be perfect. It's a great location you can walk around the corner and see the Hollywood sign from the street, and you're only a block away from the Chinese and Dolby theatres. I wasn't expecting too much on cleanliness but it was very clean, comfortable beds, big bathroom and the staff were very helpful. Breakfast is a few pastries in the reception area but that's fine with so much food in America it was good not to feel like you had to over eat. I would definitely stay there again and the reception guy even lent me a travel plug for the night. Overall very pleased as I was expecting nothing and got a nice surprise. It's motel type accomodation and good value for money

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank HairdresserAbroad
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Based on other reviews, I had very low expectations of this Motel. I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the room I had, and how well I slept. Clean, comfortable and in an amazing location. Only negatives' were the size of the room, and the bath tub. The room had so much furniture it was hard to move around in. The bath tub looked a little worse for wear so I did not use it. That isn't to say that it wasn't clean, just in need of an update. I will also note the bed in my room was new and very comfortable. I did not wake early enough to try the free breakfast unfortunately. Overall I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Lyle C
Ray8080
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stumbled across this motel during my road trip. great location only 5 min walk from Hollywood blvd. the room was quite a good size and very clean. big bed and flat screen tv. air con was excellent. on site parking. breakfast was suprisingly good. would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Ray8080
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We had a corner room. AC worked wonderful. Quite hotel even though on sunset blvd. Really close to walk of fame and hollywood attractions

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank scott_kinghorn
Palm Springs, Ca
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I don't even know where to begin.....from beginning to end it was the worst hotel I've ever been in. It was my family's first vacation to hollywood area. First we went to Universal Studios, which the entire family enjoyed. We had a very long day at Universal Studios & we couldn't wait to check-in to our hotel to rest. First, the parking lot was terrible, it was so tight & there wasn't enough parking space for guest to park, that we ended up parking our car at a hotel next to us. Second, the room was so dirty & the floors were so sticky that all of us were wearing our socks & by morning time, our socks were so filty. Third, the walls....eeww! the kids saw boogers on the walls. We were so disgusted & afraid to lean against them. Fourth, the continental breakfast......didn't have any!
I guess the only thing positive about this place is it's close to hollywood blvd...but that's it! If I only knew the actual condition of the hotel, I would have stayed at a different place. I can't even say "you get what you paid for" because I paid $180 for 1 night but it's worth $50/night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jackson423

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

SF
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I noticed this place on a previouse visit to Hollywood, liked its look and location, and decided to give it a try. Turned out to be a great find. The location is hard to beat, a short walk from Hollywood Blvd. Many classc Hollywood attractions are within walking distance. In fact I parked my car when I checked in and didn't move it until I checked out two days later. The neighborhood's full of restaurants, and a drug store and grocery store are close. There's also a Red Line subway stop nearby which makes getting downtown easy. The room was clean and comfortable. All things considered, a great value. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo