“Exceeded our expectations”

Neighborhood: North San Fernando Valley
Goleta, California
“Exceeded our expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We happened to be in the Chatsworth area on a return trip home from a theatre trip to LA. We decided to use trip advisor to find a good place for a bite to eat. So glad we did! The very high recommendations made us curious about this place. If you like sushi you will love this place. We had salmon, seared ahi, and a rainbow roll, all of the were fresh, flavorful, and delicious. The seared ahi was my favorite. The service was excellent as well, very polite, efficient, and welcoming. As some other reviews warn don't let the outside appearance fool you. It does look like a,"Hole in the Wall", but once you've tasted your first piece of sushi you won't notice.

Los Angeles, California
“Best Sushi in The Valley-If Not All Of LA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

Fresh, delicious Sushi- great variety and specials. Expertly prepared. A small gem in the North Valley hidden in a strip mall on Devonshire. Not very exciting from the outside but it's all about the food here.

• Visited June 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“The BEST Sushi in LA!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

This spot is so worth the drive ,, from just about anywhere!! I travel from Santa monica to Chatsworth with pleasure to enjoy ! The shushi is amazing. I have been 4 times in 5 weeks! I cannot say enough good about the freshness of the shushi The flavors that the shushi chefs pair with some of the dishes keep me planning my next and my next trip ...

• Visited March 2012
Folsom, California
“Hidden Gem, great sushi place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

This place looks like nothing from the outside in the tiny strip mall it's located in but once inside it's totally different. The ambiance is great and the service is outstanding.
The sushi was perfect and very authentic. It appears to be frequented by many locals which is always a good sign for a great restaurant.

Visited December 2011
Madrid, Spain
“Absolutely the Best. Well Worth The Trip - From Anywhere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

I love this place. I've been coming here for a decade, and I can say with great confidence that this is the best place to get sushi that I have ever been. I have eaten sushi throughout Los Angeles and all over the world, and there is no place that I would trade for this one. The fish is always fresh. The chefs are always attentive. Don't order anything. Just sit down and ask them to prepare the meal for you, and tell them when you are full. It will be one of the greatest meals you have ever had. We went there with my five year old today, and he sat at the sushi bar and they served up all kinds of things to him, and he enjoyed every one. It is a great, great place, and a real bargain considering what other places charge.

www.riderbymyside.com