“thanksgiving”

The Cat & Fiddle Pub and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cat & Fiddle Pub and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,795 of 10,357 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hollywood
Description: Built in 1929, these premises housed movie studio wardrobes, served as a commissary for these surrounding studios, and portions of the original film Casablanca were filmed here. Various businesses have always catered to the famous and notorious characters throughout Hollywood history.The Cat and Fiddle continues this tradition...Londoner Kim Gardner was an integral part of the British invasion of the 60s and 70s. He was the bassist in innovative British bands such as The Creation, The Birds and Ashton, Gardner & Dyke. In 1973, Kim’s musical career brought him to New Orleans to record an album with Jackie Lomax and George Harrison. It was here that he met his future wife and fashionista Paula Gardner. At the time, Paula had the first and only vintage clothing store in the French Quarter named The Cocky Fox.
Reviewed December 2, 2012

enjoyed my 1st thanksgiving here. was warmly welcomed and enjoyed great service and a delicious turkey dinner. they even popped a candle in my sons dersert as it was his birthday.
good music playing in the background.had a grat vibe going on withoutside dining with candles and fairy lights nice to be away from the glitz and hustle and bustle of hollywood .

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I occasionally pop into this neighborhood bar for happy hour. Most recently we dropped in for quiz night on Tuesday, my birthday. Alas the quizmaster had to compete with rowdy (anther) birthday party revelers, and the louder he yelled the more painful distortion on the PA.

Anyway, when we settled the tab we calculated the tip in the designated space. Then, when looking at the separate chit with the itemized purchases we noticed that "service" was already included, at 15%. The waitress said this was done automatically on quiz nights, a dubious story. So be careful you are not tipping twice at this place.

The night was costly - 2 pints of Guinness, a sorry sausage roll, average mac and cheese, and so-so shepherds pie. About $50 in total.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

A friend and I went there on a recent trip to LA. The staff were very helpful and the food and drinks were great. We went on a monday night (movie night) which was projected outside in their lovely courtyard. We had a really relaxing night, which we really appreciated after a long flight from London! You would never think you were in Hollywood as its so quiet and non-LA!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was skeptical about trying British places in LA after going to the Blue Boar in Hollywood, but the Cat & Fiddle is about as British as you're going to get out here. Really laid back, decent prices and the outdoor space is lovely. I particularly appreciated the drink selection, and the dart boards, which are a lot of fun. My Welsh Rarebit was delicious..and they didn't look at me strangely when i ordered mayonnaise with my chips..I mean fries. As an expat there were other little things that made me smile, like the vinegar coming out in a proper little British pub dispenser and the cute little ornaments at the bar. I'd definitely go back, especially to try out the trivia on Tuesdays..and to play darts again.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This place is just so cool - love the great outdoor courtyard-style patio! Not what you expect to find on Sunset.

(Pet friendly too - so I had my 3 dogs with me and they even have a doggie menu).

I had the Guinness Steak & Mushroom pie - with a nice crust top and tons of steak inside - excellent! Seemed like a lot of regulars and repeat guests among the other customers.

Although this is an English Pub, they have quite a few interesting activities on certain nights, like a movie night, live jazz in Sundays, & trivia etc. I'm from Vegas but I will definitely not only return but this will become a regular hang on my next visit to LA when I'm not at the beach.