“Try the Frosted Flake encrusted French Toast!”

The Restaurant at the Standard
Ranked #3,131 of 10,305 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Breakfast items were all delicious but the French Toast was most memorable. The staff was friendly and quick

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I had breakfast here. Good service with a view of the Strip. Sort of set up like a coffee shop or cafe.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was in LA for a conference in April 2013 and ate at the restaurant in the Standard hotel two times (one for lunch and one for dinner).

In terms of the positives, they do have a great patio. It was sunny and warm on the day we were there, and sitting outside was great. It was a nice atmosphere. Inside, they have bright coloured yellow, diner style booths. I ate there at dinner and with the lights down low, you didn't even see the bright colour.

For the food, it was OK and nothing outstanding. I had a salad both times I was there, and it was nothing spectacular. The size of the desserts was also a bit small. We ordered two for the table (chocolate tart and strawberry short cake), and for $8 each, I expected something a bit bigger.

The real problem was the service. I could overlook the average food if the service was good, but unfortunately it was not. It was very slow for our lunch. We had a large group of more than 20 people, and it took forever for them to come over and take our order, and to get bread, drinks and then the meals. We were on a timeframe to get back to the conference, and the slow service was not good. For a group that size, and given what we were paying, we expected something a bit faster. That being said, the service in the evening was fine, just not at the lunch.

Overall, I would say the best part of the restaurant was the atmosphere. But I am not sure it outweighs the service and food concerns.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The restaurant decor was very cool, although if you hate yellow stay away. The service was very good and the food just so so. Definitely more a hipster experience than a foodie, if that's your thing.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had a great family meal before taking off for the airport. Delicious food , extremely generous portions and a nice varied choice. Milkshakes were very popular with our teens.