“poor impression”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Venice
Cross street: Speedway / 1 block south of Rose avenue
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We didn't like it. We went there on our first evening and decided to have a light italian dinner. The staff wasn't rude, but it was a feeling that we are poor relatives and they did us a favour and let us in. The prices are too high even for seaside

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Good food cost, and it will here too but every dollar is worth it. Truffles are in season and make it even more expensive, but oh my -- what a delicious meal from the bur rata and tomato puree to the fettuccine with truffles and pheasant for a main course, it couldn't have been topped better then it was with the puff pastry. We will be back for sure. And you should all go to. If you are going to spend hundreds for dinner -- spend it here for sure

Reviewed October 8, 2012

food is great at Piccolos though I am usually puffy the next morning due to the salt content. Their food is super good though so I treat myself at least once a month.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Attractive Room in a side Street Venice CA location. Very expensive well prepared food with a creative menu, but, just not that wonderful to justify the exceptional prices. Smallest wine pours imaginable at signifigant prices. Very indifferent service. We felt constantly rushed. A special order request (for a simple pasta dish) was abruptly rejected as was a request for a cocktail (they do not have a liquor license only wine and beer) with the waiter explainig "a cocktail will ruin your taste buds.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Had dinner with friends here recently. It was about 75 degrees outside and the thermometer above our table said it was 87 degrees inside. It was very uncomfortable temperature wise and our whole table was sweating especially since we had walked over in the cool evening air. Perhaps that is why I didn't enjoy the experience as much as others here on tripadvior have and I take a star off for that.

The food was just OK. I have been spending a great deal of time in Italy recently, so perhaps I am being overly critical and comparing unfairly, but the food did not impress me. I had the buratta and the gnocchi. As a vegetarian, I had to ask for things to be prepared specially. There were no good vegetarian options the night I was there so, I take off a star for that. I will say that there was no problem doing so and the server we had was very good.

The wine we had was perfect and cellar temperature, which I was very happy with.

We did see a couple celebs the night we were in. A two course dinner with wine was $150 per person, and in the end, I didn't feel it was worth it. There are better places to eat in that price range in the area.