“Excellent service, pleasing ambiance and innovative cuisine”

Kendall’s Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Kendall’s Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #301 of 10,308 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: First St.
Description: Kendall's Brasserie and Bar at The Los Angeles Music Center is a fine dining French restaurant featuring fine wines, cocktails & oyster bar in downtown LA.
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Lunched with two business colleagues. We wanted a place to lunch and to talk. Kendalls met and exceeded our expectations. Service was excellent and food was delightfully different. I asked the waiter about the Kendall classic Calamari Casserole - Based on his description, I decided to be adventurous and try it. Served sizzling hot, the dish was light and delicious. I would order it again. Didn't get a chance to try the desserts but will the next time. Location is close to Music Center for evening events yet also works for a business lunch in downtown LA.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We eat at Kendall's whenever we attend events at Disney Hall or Center Theatre Group. The atmosphere is very French,the service is excellent and the prices are very reasonable. There are many choices. I like the onion soup and a small salad before performances. The theatres and the concert hall are but steps away.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

We celebrated our 14th Anniversary with a pre-show (Ahmanson Theater @ Music Center) dinner and could not be more impressed and satisfied. We were immediately seated (at a large booth) and presented with complimentary glasses of champagne. The calamari casserole was incredible. The freshly baked baguettes were too good to resist a double portion. My wife ordered the Château steak (béarnaise sauce, roasted tomato, baby spinach, pommes frites maison) cooked to perfection slightly less than medium, which was wonderful. I had the Confit de canard with bean cassoulet, which was also very very good. A perfect evening and perfect dining experience.

Reviewed April 17, 2011

I was in L.A. on business and happened to eat at Kendall's twiice in one day because two different associates wanted to eat there. Lunch was good, I had the Quiche Lorraine, which was a thick slab of quiche with salad on the side. They give you part of a baguette wrapped in paper -- looks like a sandwich without the meat. At dinner I had the rotisserie chicken, one of their specialties. It was tender and moist. They love to give you fries, whch are good but not the best. Do not order the salad - frisees aux lardons. The bacon is limp and overpowering. Too bad. Still, a decent meal.

Reviewed June 16, 2010

I read all the reviews before we went and was hoping that things weren’t as bad as described. Things have defiantly changed from past reviews. From the helpful hostess who sat us to the amazing waiter, Tony, who had the best recommendations for both the wine and food. He even went out of his way to let us compare wines and sent us home with some wineries he recommended to us for a future trip we are planning.
The ambiance of the place is beautiful, warm and rich styling. We were there before a show at the Music Center and we arrived a little early for our reservation. No problem, we were immediately seated and promptly taken care of. The courses were served in a timely fashion, no waiting between courses, but defiantly not rushing us along either. My husband had the special of the day Chicken coq au vin, it was amazing, and the chicken was so tender. I wanted the filet, but I wanted it with the accompaniments of another dish. They had no problem adapting the dish for me and it was fantastic. My only complaint is that we chose the cheese tray for desert and in all honesty I would have preferred something chocolate!