“Good food, better desserts.”
Review of Auntie Em's Kitchen - CLOSED

Auntie Em's Kitchen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed July 22, 2012

A small quirky little place with good,,reasonably priced food and great desserts.

1  Thank Greg S

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Auntie Em's has it all: fresh ingredients, innovative recipes, country cache and all-around quirkiness. Get the open faced breakfast sandwiches, a fresh salad or cupcake to go. You will not be sorry. There can be a wait, but good things will come!

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Generally my husband and I order the black forest ham on pretzel bread roll for lunch (almost on a weekly basis) because I am absolutely addicted to it. The mustard seed gouda cheese, the dijon mustard, the absolute perfection! But my sister-in-law and husband were visiting and we took them to Auntie Em's for breakfast....twice! It was so good the first time around they requested to go again. The special was quiche and everyone love LOVED both kinds (on the separate days). The honey orange french toast is amazing. The prices are normal for Los Angeles but if you are out of town they can be considered pricey. The portions are large (hubbie and I are content to split normally). It's crowded most of the time but we usually go around 9am to avoid the chaos. Parking is metered on the street but if you don't mind a block or so walk you can find free parking on the side streets.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

The Basics:

Parking: Street Metered and not metered
Bathroom: Single, shared men and women, clean but not great
Service: Excellent
Food: Delicious
Also: when you show up, immediately put your name on the board, otherwise you'll end up waiting even longer

We came here to have a bday lunch with my sister-in-law. We got there on a Sunday at 12pm and the place was hopping. We waited 30min to be seated (unfortunately next to the bathroom). The food was great, we ordered the steak sandwich and the chicken sandwich: bothe had excellent thick bread, terrific meat and marinade. The pickles were tart and sweet. The sandwich is so big you don't really need anything else. We ordered the lemon bar and choco chip cookie for dessert. I'd skip the car, cookie was good.

NOTE: They have a lot of amazing specials. But by the time we got there, half were gone. Go early for the good stuff!

Reviewed January 12, 2012

I know the crowds waiting outside can be daunting, but, trust me, they are there for a very good reason.