“Go Early for the Specials” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Los Angeles, California
“Go Early for the Specials”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

The Basics:

Parking: Street Metered and not metered
Bathroom: Single, shared men and women, clean but not great
Service: Excellent
Food: Delicious
Also: when you show up, immediately put your name on the board, otherwise you'll end up waiting even longer

We came here to have a bday lunch with my sister-in-law. We got there on a Sunday at 12pm and the place was hopping. We waited 30min to be seated (unfortunately next to the bathroom). The food was great, we ordered the steak sandwich and the chicken sandwich: bothe had excellent thick bread, terrific meat and marinade. The pickles were tart and sweet. The sandwich is so big you don't really need anything else. We ordered the lemon bar and choco chip cookie for dessert. I'd skip the car, cookie was good.

NOTE: They have a lot of amazing specials. But by the time we got there, half were gone. Go early for the good stuff!

• Visited April 2012

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Worth the wait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

I know the crowds waiting outside can be daunting, but, trust me, they are there for a very good reason.

Visited August 2011
Columbus, Ohio
“Quaint Location, full of goodness!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

We were recommended this place as a must do for breakfast/brunch by a friend! It was great, we had very fresh and delicious food for a decent price, and couldn't help but splurge on some baked goods too even though they weren't in our original plan for the meal!

It has a very "hip" feel, which might intimidate some folks but get past the appearance and try it!

• Visited April 2011
Los Angeles, CA
“Satisfying breakfast and great baked goods!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

My son and I shared scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast this morning, and finished our brunch with giant, super-thin chocolate chip cookies. The eggs and bacon were "simple" enough for my six-year-old to enjoy, and there was a great little pot of salsa on the plate that I enjoyed spreading on my portion of the eggs. The cookies were incredible - super thin, buttery, and the size of my face. Great food, quick and friendly service, and lots of fun items and baked goods for sale in the marketplace.

• Visited August 2011
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Excellent breakfasts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

I've been a couple of times over the years, always for breakfast. They have a varied menu with many delicious sandwiches and salads, and great vibes. My biggest qualm is that they don't have espresso, but I really like the place

• Visited July 2011